Polls Post your Polls here
View Poll Results: Have you ever injured yourself while riding an ATV?
Yes
61.45%
No
38.55%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Have you ever injured yourself while riding an ATV?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hit ice in the middle of a corner and kicked it sideways. tires grabbed when i slid off the ice and launched my a$$. results $1400 in damage to the 850xp. a day in the hospital. massive concussion which the doctors took my lisence from. and 7 sprains in my right arm

Old 02-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

ouch. keep it under 50!!!!

Old 02-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Range Rover

I cracked a butt bone while ridding a wheely on pavement Talk about pain.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Trailblazer

Yup, more times than I would like to admit. Luckily, none have been too serious. Multiple concussions, foot, ribs, + a bunch of bumps and bruises inbetween... all because of my own stupidity and/or not knowing the bike's limits.

Thankfully I haven't been hit. Holy cow! To the guy who got hit by the sandrail, unbelievable! Glad you are okay!

Old 02-28-2010, 05:09 PM
Trailblazer

i hurt my kidneys alot. but mainly my tailbone.. about 5 days ago i was riding my ds650 and another can am 300 utility hit me.. we were racing home and i ran out of gas just over a crest on the road and he came flyin up behind me to have his brakes fail and hit my rear right tire and flip into a 8 foot ditch.. i pulled him and his quad out. put his shoes on and pulled the helmet off after finding out his neck was okay and sent him on his way.. hes in harbor view now. wearing a half body cast for a broken pelvis (broke in 3 places) and 4 broken disks in his back.

i gotta go see him.. other then that ive just broken my tail bone and been ejected into the woods lol

Old 03-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

broke my colar bone on my 400ex

Old 04-13-2010, 12:33 AM
Trailblazer

no, nothing serious.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Trailblazer

Just crashed today. Was going around a blind corner and once i cleared it i gunned it, causing my front tires to lift up and loose traction. I was only going about 30 when i took out 4 trees. They were only about 2-3 inches thick but still. After i took out those trees i hit an 8 inch tree causing my quad to do a 180 and roll back about 3 feet. Didnt do any damage to my quad thanfuly but i scraped my arum up pretty good from the bark. Also i though i broke my leg because when i was sliding into the trees my natural reaction was to put my feet down and my right let got caught between a tree and my rear tire. Leg is swelled up pretty good and soar. Thank god i was ok.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

Broke my ankle after landing a jump and missing the foot peg. That sucked.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by Sand Hog
Right after I got my LTZ450 I went over what I thought was a small hill on a trail in second gear, bad news was it was a near vertical 12ft drop on the other side. Could not get up on the pegs fast enough and came down hard on the handle bar, Thank God for body armor, I bent the right side of my handle bar down over an inch with the right side of my chest. Spent almost five minutes getting the cob webs out of my head so I could drive again drove home very slowly and spent the next week nursing bruised ribs. Got new handle bar and a very healthy respect for the Suzuki LTR450 as I found right quickly how unforgiving it could be.
I finally joined the "I rolled my quad over club. Was riding on a gravel road of all things, we just had major rain storms that tore the desert up. There I was buzzing down the road in second gear when OMG 12 feet in front of me is a 2ft wide by close to 2ft deep trench cut across the road by the flood. Could not react fast enough to stop..Needless to say I did not make it through with all four tires down on the ground, I managed to hit the kill switch as the front end dug into the trench with the clutch in; however the impact knock my hand off the clutch and when I landed on the far side the quad stood full up in the air on its left front tire and then rolled onto its left side landing really hard with me still on the seat. I ended up sliding in the gravel for about 10 feet still attached to the quad on my left side. Thank god for body armor and top shelf safety equipment. managed to slide myself from under the quad, put it back onto its tires and drove away with only a few bumps and very sore muscles.

Anyone wanting to know about safety gear...FOX and SHIFT are the Bomb, I was wearing "SHIFT" high boots and Helmet, "FOX" Body Armor and gloves, "SHIFT racing grade riding pants and riding jersey. Got a small bruise on my stomach where I caught the handle bar just below my body armor and a small bruise on my left inner thigh from something on the quad unknown maybe the gas tank, other than that I got up and walked away with not one scratch or tear in the clothing.

Quick Reply: Have you ever injured yourself while riding an ATV?