Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Don't buy CamelBak

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't buy CamelBak

We are not a vast majority of their riders, we are a small cross section. I would be surprised if we were 5% of their sales. They are not thinking with a buisness head they are thinking with their tree hugging harts. Just like the writers for the NY times, do you think they even know they are Liberal biased, (NO) they think they are centrist and only the some backwoods uneducated hick would think any different from them.

I work in Cambridge Ma., the most Liberal bastion of hippy freaks in the free world, these people think their warped and twisted views of the world are mainstreem, just like the management at CamelBak.

CamelBak management has proven their allegance to the Sierra club and other ECO terrorist organizations they will have to prove they are not fighting against non human powered activities before I patronize them again.

P.S. I have written their entire management with my concerns around their lack of tolerance and diversity to alternate transportation activities, they have not replied.

Don

Old 07-21-2005, 08:33 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: ss97
Just think for ONE second:

Would it not make sense to people from Camelback and Columbia etc... to have a vested interest in these organizations?

If I was on the on the Columbia BOG I would certainly want to get someone on the inside so my customers have a voice in anything they get behind. Wouldn't you? And if donating to a cause that was not hurting your interest was called for you do it.

You people are missing the bigger picture. Just like any system of checks and balances you need opposing views and interests to keep a level playing field in any organization.

What sense would it make for these outdoor companies to keep ties with people who want to potentially hurt their pockets? It would make sense in to have a contact who is always aware of what they are planning to do so their customers would have a voice.

Before you boycott do some research and learn exactly what role these said companies are playing. Don't just assume the worst when the exact opposite may be true. Just think about it realistically, why would Camelback want to lose the vast majority of their customers?
The bottom line is that they can spend their money how and where they want to, and so can the rest of us. Obviously the vast majority of their customers are hikers/mountain bikers. Thats cool with me, but I can make decisions based on their decisions. Cant I?

Old 07-22-2005, 12:15 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I've always thought that CamelBaks were overpriced. I picked up one by Outdoors Products.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 07-22-2005, 03:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Hey Dog, long time no see. I miss your common sence posts.

Old 07-22-2005, 04:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
I've always thought that CamelBaks were overpriced. I picked up one by Outdoors Products.
I love camelbaks.. Got 2 of em in the house.
Im also a moutainbiker and a hiker..

*runs from the haters*

Old 07-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Doc, good to see you.

Powerstroke01, I used to be quite a bit into mountain biking. I even have an expensive diamondback bike sitting in the garage covered in dust to prove it. I just see those guys going down mountain sides doing 40-60mph on steep rocky slopes and I realized it wasnt the thing for me. I still enjoy a bike ride, but havent done it in a while. As for hiking, well thats what I do when the quad runs out of gas.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Since the post of the thread I earlier linked to I have lost my camelback up North, but only after it had sprung a leak. The wally world warehouse has jansport ones for 15-20 bucks so I'll probably pick one of those up to replace it simply as convenience. If I found another deal on a CB, I'd get it. Just dont anyone start posting crap about Jansport and I'll be ok.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-22-2005, 11:53 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: maddog56
Just dont anyone start posting crap about Jansport and I'll be ok.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I know they make good back pack for school. Life time guarantee I believe. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-22-2005, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Doc, good to see you.

Powerstroke01, I used to be quite a bit into mountain biking. I even have an expensive diamondback bike sitting in the garage covered in dust to prove it. I just see those guys going down mountain sides doing 40-60mph on steep rocky slopes and I realized it wasnt the thing for me. I still enjoy a bike ride, but havent done it in a while. As for hiking, well thats what I do when the quad runs out of gas.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Since the post of the thread I earlier linked to I have lost my camelback up North, but only after it had sprung a leak. The wally world warehouse has jansport ones for 15-20 bucks so I'll probably pick one of those up to replace it simply as convenience. If I found another deal on a CB, I'd get it. Just dont anyone start posting crap about Jansport and I'll be ok.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Ive fallen out of the MB sport a little bit as well. I havent really ridden in 4 years. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I too have an expencive bike, a Gary Fisher, sittin in the garage.
I mostly did Cross Country. Im not realy into Down Hill as i REALLY dont want to end up with broken bones at the end of the day. lol

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-22-2005, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Just dont anyone start posting crap about Jansport and I'll be ok.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I know they make good back pack for school. Life time guarantee I believe. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I never had a Jansport in school. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2005, 03:19 AM
Pro Rider

The funny thing about the CAMELBAK article is that it talks about boycotting the use of them and so forth but,at the top the page there are ads for CAMELBAK!

Quick Reply: Don't buy CamelBak