Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

a couple lt80 questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a couple lt80 questions

when it comes to all the clutch mods on an lt80 what ones need to be done with what stages of engine mods? are there any places to buy some of these clutch parts such as the rollers without going to the dealer? stiffer clutch spring? clutch shoes that have already been shaved? anyone have a ball park price on what porting and head decking cost? i can do all of the labor myself besides the porting and head decking so i was looking for somewhere to just purchase the parts and install them myself. any input you guys can share would help out tremendously. thanks

Old 03-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by jvav619
when it comes to all the clutch mods on an lt80 what ones need to be done with what stages of engine mods? are there any places to buy some of these clutch parts such as the rollers without going to the dealer? stiffer clutch spring? clutch shoes that have already been shaved? anyone have a ball park price on what porting and head decking cost? i can do all of the labor myself besides the porting and head decking so i was looking for somewhere to just purchase the parts and install them myself. any input you guys can share would help out tremendously. thanks

There are no aftermarket LT80 clutch parts except for the torque spring and that's not messed with till you have a high HP motor.
The customers parts are modified.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks i know the shoes get lightened to 180g and remove 2 rollers. depending on pricing i would like to get the porting and head decking done. but if not with just a 51mm piston and 20 mm carb would the above mentioned clutch mods work properly? and can i suzuki bond the head instead of using the head gasket to bump compression?

Old 03-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

dang! 67 people viewing the suzuki thread and no action? lol

Old 03-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm sure I PM'd you about porting and such.
As to your last question, Yes the 51mm and 20mm carb would work with those clutch mods just the same as 50mm and stock carb. Smoother take off but a tad less top end speed.
I'm hoping you don't think boring and a carb will get you more power and speed.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by LT80
I'm sure I PM'd you about porting and such.
As to your last question, Yes the 51mm and 20mm carb would work with those clutch mods just the same as 50mm and stock carb. Smoother take off but a tad less top end speed.
I'm hoping you don't think boring and a carb will get you more power and speed.
i did get your pm. your pricing is very reasonable for all that you offer, but a little out of the budget and probably the time frame as well. i purchased the bike with a dg pipe and not running because the carb was missing. i have been riding and working on bikes for 20yrs, so i expected a rebuild instead of just a carb when i got it. i got a little ahead of myself and bought a 20mm carb (not a dg) because i found it cheaper than i was finding a stocker new vs. new and figured the extra size wouldn't hurt with future motor mods. upon checking compression it was way low and scored a new wiseco 51mm in the box with a complete gasket set for 60 bux shipped to my door. i am not expecting those 2 mods to make any noticeable difference in power which is why i was asking about porting and decking prices. last night i took apart the front variator and found the rollers had flat spots, the plate is a little worn, the 3 plastic guides for the plate were broken, and the movable drive is worn also. the belt and clutch shoes look good. i am trying to have this built and running by the 23rd for my son's surprise birthday present. now after finding the clutch problems there is money i was hoping to not have to spend at this time and could freshen up later. so this is where i stand as of right now. any input is appreciated. thanks again