Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Ltz 400 need help. Wont turn over im stumped

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 12:09 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ltz 400 need help. Wont turn over im stumped

Hi I just rebuild my ltz 400. Started it up after putting oil in to get the oil into the engine. After adding oil many times (ended up puting in 3 quarts. Which seems like way to much) I started it and it died after a minute or so. Went to start it again and the only think that happens is the starter solenoid clicks like it has a dead battery and the dip stick in the reservoir is still bone dry. So my question is, is it possible that it is not returning oil to the reservoir cause my engine to lock up because it has to much oil in it? Seems to me if that was the case it would just leak out somewhere. Could I have some oil lines hooked up wrong? Any info is greatly appreciated im stumped on this one and dont want to tear the engine down more than I have to. Ill charge the battery just to make sure thats not the problem but it seemed to me like it had a good charge. oh and also the red light is on up by the handle bars. Its either an oil light or a temperature light im not sure but its still on even when its cold.