Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riding in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 07:14 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding in Canada

What are the rules for registering an atv in the Quebec province? My atv is legally registered in Massachusetts but not insured.

Old 01-15-2005, 10:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Riding in Canada

Not sure about "registering" an atv in Quebec,

but if you just want to ride in Quebec, here's a link to what you need. the biggest thing is $500,000 (candian) in liability insurance, and some other equipment your quad needs (like speedometer, rear view mirror ect). with the right equipment you can even ride double.

http://www.ncaa-inc.com/archives/canada.html

there's a couple of links on the page that take you to other sites. Quebec does look like a fun place to ride. they have over 800 miles of groomed trials in the winter, and over 600 miles in the summer. it cost $150 (canadian)/year for a trail pass. you get $40 refund back once you show you have the insurance.

Old 01-17-2005, 07:42 PM
Range Rover
Default Riding in Canada

Thanks for the info.We are planning a 4 day trip to Quebec province and I didn't know what to expect.I am going to try the link you suggested and holefully it will answer all my questions.I don't want any surprises once I enter Canada.
thanks again...
Cleve

Old 01-28-2005, 05:49 AM
Trailblazer
Default Riding in Canada

It may cost a few bucks to wheel up there.....but..They have awsume trails..and winter trails also..I saw a ATV trail map a few years ago..hard to get..and there were trails all over the place...I live in Maine and work outa mass...upstate NH has an awsume trail systeem and I go to the Jambore every year...hope its been helpful...try me at tbey55@aol if i can help more...let us know how ur trip went

Old 01-28-2005, 08:43 AM
Range Rover
Default Riding in Canada

Thanks for the info.I am going riding with a few other guys that belong to Bellingham ATV Club in New Hampshire.The area we are going to is Thetford Mines in the Quebec Province.I don't have all the details of what to expect but I will be sure to post my experience of the ride once I get back.I have heard that once you go riding up there,you will certainly want to come back.They have groomed ATV trails just like you would expect snowmobile trails to have.
thanks again....
Cleve