Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

anyone out there running a WB E-Series on a warrior

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone out there running a WB E-Series on a warrior

i took my e-series apart to repack it and i got to thinking about making it a lil quiter. so i read somewhere that you can quite it down by removing discs. but removing discs can cause you to loose performance on the top end. so basically removing discs lowers noise and adds to the bottom end. with all that being said i'm wondering if anyone has this set up on thier warrior and how many discs their running.

mine came with the bike so i have no instructions. i was going to run 8 discs but i don't want to loose too much top end. i also have a quite core insert but that doesn't seem to quite it down any. then again that was before i repacked it. i haven't repacked it yet, that will be tomorrow. any help or suggestions are apreciated.

-thanx

Old 02-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

I had the e-series on my 400ex. Truthfully I could run all the discs or 5 of them and not tell a difference. When I removed the spark arrestor just for kicks I could tell a loss on bottom end slightly. I usually ran with all of them I think. I think there were 12 or 13.

On the packing make sure you take your time and get that right. My pipe was pretty gutted when I bought the ex. I repacked it but the baffle had broke the welds. I stuck it back in there and we tried to tack weld it the best we could. I rode for about a week when the pack started flying out the pipe.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

i've been running 12 discs with the quite core but it didn't seem any quiter than before so i'm thinking about running 8 discs with the spark arrester instead of using the quite core. i'm just unsure if i would have to touch my jetting or not. it is jetted now but i think only because it has a K&N filter with a moded air box lid. and a wiseco piston.

i read somwhere that it said if you take discs off it also enrichens the mixture and i would hate to have to mess around with my jetting again......

how did yours run? do you have to do anything with your jetting or anything?

Old 02-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

Shouldn't effect you flow enough to effect jetting. I wouldn't mess with it unless it starts backfiring.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

ok, so i'll try 8 discs and see how it runs. hopefully i don't have to touch my jetting again....arrgh

Old 02-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

ok i repacked the e-series and have 8 discs with the spark arrester. but now it will only start and stay running if i hold the gas in alittle bit or if i have the choke on. once i turn the choke off or let off the gas it will die instantly. it will also die if i try to give it more gas.

do you have an idea on what this could be???