1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Kazuma KMZ 150 question for owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 10:48 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma KMZ 150 question for owners

I had been thinking about getting one of these and was curious to ask anyone who had one how it's been. Any big problems or reoccuring ones? How long have you had it and what type of riding do you do with it? If I got one I would only be using it for light riding and some yard work ( spraying, fert. etc.).

Thanks.

Marc

Old 01-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

i have two dingo's , the best thing about these is you can buy most of the replacment parts on e-bay or kazuma usa, one had to replace the carburator, the other quit running after a couple of weeks,i was too busy moving so we took it to a service center, it sat there for four months, they still couldn't find the problem so i pick it up and brought it home and started exchanging parts,i was down to the wire harness, took that completly a part and found a bad connector to the cdi unit, i had these now for 15 months, they don't like being ridden in dust, the starter switch quits, i take them apart and spay wd40 and that seems to clean the dust out, i paid $45.00 for the carb on e-bay, kazuma west sold me a stater which we first thought the problem was, for $25.00, kazuma usa sells to the public so their's no problem getting parts for these quads, also their's raceway, redcatmotors and more. we paid $1500 each, i ride mine daily around here hauling a trailer mostly, i use it to also move trailers around, and a little bit of play riding, top speed is 32mph per gps and the thing starts to shake at that speed. just remember i just had to replace the rear brake assy, i got that from raceway $135.00. over all i'll rate these as a b+ quad, very good for the money. i had no problems with the transmission or reverse gear box on either quad. hope this answers some of your questions.

Old 01-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer

Bill,

Appreciate your reponse. Probably go with raceway if I decide to get one. I live out in the sticks so if it breaks I have to fix it. Any problems with the electric choke on it?

Old 01-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider

no problem with the choke, i purchased ours at kazuma west, he has a werehouse and sells on the street, i think its better to buy that way because you can make sure no missing parts or damage,its all set up, and can make sure it runs before bring it home, there's nothing worse than waiting for a week and getting a quad thats eaither missing or has damage parts, or don't run, i have brought 4 quads on the internet, 2 kazuma meercats, 1 sunl 70cc, 1 sunl 90cc without a problem, but this site is full of horror stories. even with the best dealer selling the quads if their's a problem you'll going to hafta wait for parts. i wasn't to concern about buying the sunls on the internet because they if they didn't run i still had the kazumas as back -up. when i brought the 2 kazumas meercats 2 years ago i went myself and pick them up and made sure we're getting everything i'm paying for. i'll buy a kazuma again but not the meercats, the sunls are alot more quad for the money.

Old 01-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

I wouldnt reccomend one of these to my worst enemy. I've had mine for about 3 months. so far i've had to replace the carb, the gas tank twice, the headlight wires burned up, and the tires that come with it are very poor quality. broke the beads on the two rears 3 times. the clip under the front of the seat that keeps it in place snapped off. also you'll need to fab some kind of skid plates to protect the exposed brake rotor, chain and sprocket. also compared to other 150's its very sluggish. you get what you pay for, and at the low price these go for, you wont get much.

Old 01-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds a little fishy. The tires on these are very stiff and if you broke the beads 3 different times I would think you are doing things you should not be doing. I have replaced the cheap tires and I know how hard it is to break ther beads. I would say that these are not the best of the 150's. Redcat and Yamoto are better.

Old 01-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Trailblazer

As always thanks for the input gang.

Old 01-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: 2manytoys
Sounds a little fishy. The tires on these are very stiff and if you broke the beads 3 different times I would think you are doing things you should not be doing. I have replaced the cheap tires and I know how hard it is to break ther beads. I would say that these are not the best of the 150's. Redcat and Yamoto are better.
doing things I shouldnt? like riding on trails? this is an all terrain vehicle right? I've only had this ATV out about 5 times and each time something happens. what can be expected from a low budget machine? low budget performance. theyre junk plain and simple. ever take a close look at the welds on the frame? poor quality. waste of money IMO.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

bought mine (two dingo 150s) in february of 05. I like them a lot- They are used once a week- maybe... on a east texas farm. the racks are stong enough for my spray rig- but the welds are lite- and if you try to break them... you will. I think they are fast enough to be fun, and have been reliable enough to make me glad of my disision. Now for the bad stuff- the headlights on both units burt up- SMOKE, no flames- and no more headlights. The ignition switch on both units have broken, I am in the process of replacing with an after market solution (if any one has done this please contact me) I would not NOT NOT not drive them in water. I think that would end the ride for the day. I have a buddy who has a daughter- she rode hers into a pond. It actualy did survive and the next day she was off riding it again. - you get what you pay for- and so far I still think I got a good deal.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

Quick Reply: Kazuma KMZ 150 question for owners