1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...

32 degrees cloudy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...

bump

Old 12-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

SMB thanks. I am starting to see alot of carb questions. I guess because of all the new ones being bought and colder weather.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Your welcome.

This thread has helped many people. It is also much easier to find this "how to" if it's at the top.

SB.

Old 12-22-2006, 05:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

I had a lot of trouble starting mine cold as well and I did the adjustment placing the clip on the last position on the rod for cold starts and it starts great now. Thanks again for all the help.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

How does the "E-clip", spring, slide and needle jet go together (Keihin 19 mm)? Specifically, how does the E-clip work? When I took it apart, it kinda fell "sprung apart". I know how the needle jet sets in the slide, the throttle cable connects to the slide through the spring. Does the "e-clip" set on top of the needle jet below the spring? I can't find a diagram anywhere (only some exploded views that are not particularly clear).

Old 01-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The needle is inside the carb slide. So when you remove the slide then disconnect the cable there is a retainer clip that holds the needle into the slide. Once you remove the retainer clip the needle will come out. On the needle there are 5-6 slots on the clip. The E- clip will go to the lower slot for colder weather and middle to upper for hot weather. Just make sure when you put the needle back in that you put the retainer clip on the right way or you will not be able to get the cable back into the slide. Also make sure when youinstall the slide back into the carb that it is installed right or when you go to start it the quad will take off because it will be in a full throttle position. The slide can be installed 2 ways. The slot that the cable goes into always goes opposite of the idle screw.

Old 01-02-2007, 02:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks, I think I got it right but not before experiencing the full throttle thing first hand. I never thought about what happens when you squat next to the ride and start an auto clutch in gear with a throttle stuck wide open. It is funny in retrospect. As I noted in another thread, I looked like a steer roper trying to throw the steer to the ground. The bruises will heal soon!!

Old 01-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bump!

Old 01-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Range Rover

Just another little bump

Quick Reply: HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...