1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Buyang 110 remote bypass how do u do it

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical problem

I have a coolster 150. I had recently purchased it for my nephew and I knew it didn't run when I bought it. If I jump the starter and put fuel in the carb it runs, but other wise I don't have power to anything. Any ideas?

Old 05-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by Matt_1573
I have a coolster 150. I had recently purchased it for my nephew and I knew it didn't run when I bought it. If I jump the starter and put fuel in the carb it runs, but other wise I don't have power to anything. Any ideas?
Relay could be bad. If you can bump the starter and it runs. That little relay the positive runs wire runs to. I would run use a multimeter check the wiring for a bad connection. Could be a fuse.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Swapping Key for Toggle

I have a Coolster 110 as we'll for my son. I want to get rid of the key and install a toggle switch in its place so I do t have to worry about forgetting the key at home.

Does anyone have a wire diagram of the ignition they could post?

I haven't had a chance to look at the electrical on it yet, but I assume it's just a single pole 12V rated 2 or 3 wire toggle that I'll need?

Thanks,

Old 08-31-2014, 11:12 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bansh-eman
I have a Coolster 110 as we'll for my son. I want to get rid of the key and install a toggle switch in its place so I do t have to worry about forgetting the key at home.

Does anyone have a wire diagram of the ignition they could post?

I haven't had a chance to look at the electrical on it yet, but I assume it's just a single pole 12V rated 2 or 3 wire toggle that I'll need?

Thanks,
Wouldn't it be much easier to attach a small rope or cable to the key, and then attach the other around your handlebars (or something like that). That's what I did, and I never lost a key - because it is permanently attached to the quad.

But OK - you want a toggle switch.... You might be able to get away with a single pole toggle switch if your quad has a four pin CDI (i.e. it runs off 12 volts DC). If you have a 5 pin CDI you'll need a 'Double Pole Double Throw' [DPDT] switch (six pins). This will be two separate switches ganged together. One switch section will connect battery power up when you turn the switch on, and the other section will connect the kill switch wire on the CDI to ground when you turn the switch off. The latter is necessary because a five pin CDI ignition system runs off a high voltage AC power supply which comes from the stator and is generated off engine power. You have to manually intervene to shut off the engine - there is no 12 volts anything in a five pin CDI ignition system. Removing 12 volts does nothing - you have to kill the engine by direct intervention via the kill switch input pin on the CDI.

So how many pins are on your CDI?

On your switch requirements you noted a "12 volt rated' switch. This is not enough information to buy a switch. It needs to rated for at least 7 amps at 12 volts. Both of these are important.

Also, if you need a DPDT switch you'll only be using 4 of the six pins.

But again, permanently cabling your key to the quad seems much easier, No?

Old 01-02-2016, 03:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 110 atv coolster kill switch remote lost

Hello i have recently (6 months ago) bought a 2014 110 cc atv cooster. we have lost the kill switch remote. One night the alarm went off and the bike wont start ever since. we bought a new batteries thinking that was the problem, but it wasn't. its like there is no power. no lights come on nothing... no life... I dont know what to do??? Please help.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JoshRose

[B] first which batteries did you replace? Can you tell me what color wires come from the remote control box . It has been many years since I figured out this and I no longer have the quad to go by. Also I'm a diesel tech in heavy machinery, however I'm good with electronics ! The control box will be located close to the CSI box and ign coil .
/[/
Originally Posted by JoshRose
Hello i have recently (6 months ago) bought a 2014 110 cc atv cooster. we have lost the kill switch remote. One night the alarm went off and the bike wont start ever since. we bought a new batteries thinking that was the problem, but it wasn't. its like there is no power. no lights come on nothing... no life... I dont know what to do??? Please help.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also have you logged in and read through this entire post? Lynn Edwards has posted some very valuable information in above post that usually is the same with most Chinese quads!
Originally Posted by YOUNGONE
[B] first which batteries did you replace? Can you tell me what color wires come from the remote control box . It has been many years since I figured out this and I no longer have the quad to go by. Also I'm a diesel tech in heavy machinery, however I'm good with electronics ! The control box will be located close to the CSI box and ign coil .
/[/

The following users liked this post:
Bigkountry (11-07-2021)
Old 01-10-2016, 05:10 PM
Acibronco
Default 110cc atv chinese wiring

Have had same issue as most of the posts on this site... no start.. determined by way of tests and study that the electrical sys is in need of help lol. Lynn Edwards posts have been helpful as well as mud mike... I am finishing up with all electrical work shortly and will report back as to wat worked and continues to without craping out.... thank you all

Old 12-14-2016, 07:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ATV Key Fob inoperative No Communication

Hello,
I bought my son a 110cc ATV Coolster used. The 4 wheeler runs great but the key fob is not working. Transmitter itself appears to work only have to function buttons lock/unlock when pressed light on Fob comes on but nothing to ATV.
My question is where should I start my investigations, Is there a relearn procedure foe FOB? Does wiring go bad?

Old 07-09-2018, 08:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

Can anyone tell me where the plug is located as well as where the box / fuse is located on the coolster atv? I'm having the same issue with one that I bought off of a neighbor for my daughter

Quick Reply: Buyang 110 remote bypass how do u do it