1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Tao Tao ATA-110 widening?

Old 03-14-2010, 11:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tao Tao ATA-110 widening?

I am in the process of fabing up some +3 a-arms for my sons 110, I am wondering about the rear. Are there any axles that are wider that will fit? Using a different carrier is an option as I am also extending his swing arm +4. Any opinions are welcome.

Old 03-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Range Rover

Is the ratio between the width of the front/rear going to be too big after your mod? Reason I ask is my Taotao 110D's font "axle" is noticeably wider than the rear and it handles pretty nice. Mine has the A-arms with outer ball joints as opposed to bushings.

Joel

Old 03-16-2010, 02:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

Both front and rear are the same width on mine, I am looking to widen both front and rear +6 and extend the swinger +4. Not sure what model it is but here's a pic.

Name:  65c4c1d4.jpg
Views: 3818
Size:  85.4 KB

Spacers are an option on the rear, would rather find a wider axle to swap in tho. This is rode by a very aggressive riding 6 year old, he has already rolled it "trying to beat dad" riding on our track. Looking to make it a bit more stable for him. Did any of these quads come with disc front brakes?

Old 03-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Range Rover

I don't think any of the small frame units came with front disk brakes, only drums. Not to say you couldn't retrofit it with disks though. What you're proposing seems like an awful lot resources to dump into the smallest (and cheapest) of Taotaos. I'd think once you modify the front A-arms, you'd need longer tie rods for the steering, the brake cables might not be long enough, the list goes on. If your Son likes to tear it up and is skilled on these machines, you're probably be better off in the long run to upgrade him to a larger name brand product that could take the beating a young fella will dish out.

Joel

Old 03-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

ROKETA,atv, exercise & fitness,dune buggies,scooter,gokart,dirtbike,moped,utility vehicle,motorcycle,electric&gas scooter,water craft,golf cart,bike,quad,offroad,motorsport,jet, sand rails, moped, snowmobiles,helmet,accessories,generator,porcelain doThere was something called the Typhoon marketed by Xtreme. It was actually quite a good atv and some ran it on the track in races and it held up alright.

Roketa started distributed them and there was some sort of rip off thing going on there as there was a unique design feature that was obviously copied.

Take look at this video here.
ATV SCENE - Videos - Xtreme Typhoon 125 Ride Test

It was quite a bit more than a Tao Tao but it was quite a bit more machine as you can see.

Old 03-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you for your time and comments. After thinking about it i have decided to build one of the blaster frames I have using his 110cc engine.