1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Want to hear from some satisfied China owners

Old 03-19-2010, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GetRwet
I have a Honda dealership not far from me. The new stuff is marked msrp, but they will deal so I can't say what the OTD price would be. But I can say that I bought a 2003 Rancher in later 2007 used from them for 2300$. They had gone though the bike and it came with a warranty. I still own this bike today and the only fix I have done to date is replacing the rear wheel bearings and seals. (did myself @ 60.00 in parts)

But yes you can on a regular basis find a 2006 200ex in very good shape here for 1200-1800 depending on add on's ,tires ect.

Also the Chinese quads are real low mostly. I bought a 50 quad for my son that was garage kept, almost never used for 200.00. I just now am have a wiring problem with it, but with help here I figured it out quickly. I have seen the kids quads used for 150.00 good running condition. The bigger 110 -200cc ones for about 400.00 good running condition.

I can wrench, and actually am good at making my own fix's. The Chinese bikes are no Honda's by far, but they are decent with some know how. For their cost, again very decent, but you will need to wrench the bike.

My advise to someone in the market for a bike, would be this.......If you are not a good DIY with tools, engines ect., a Chinese bike may not be the best choice. Save your money & buy a new or used "big 4" But, if you happen to have a local shop that repairs the Chinese bikes & feel comfortable with that. Then by all means save some up front money on a Chinese bike. But, know that you will be paying the mechanic later.
My.02
The chinese atv's have their place but man for what some say they can buy the used brand names its amazing. When I bought my Chinese atv's the economy was booming of course and used stuff was higher then it his now in my part of the world. When the crash hit used stuff definately came down some.

Back the to the Honda 250ex... new they are over $6000 cash deal up here. I paid 2500 for a nice 2005 model which I know I could put in the paper this spring and get more for no problem as they are hot sellers. It's almost tempting to make a trip down south with a semi and load up on all these deals down there lol! Bring back home and double your money. Actually there are some companies that do this but more so with the newer $$$ 4x4 atv's.

For you guys in the US for waht you can buy used brand names for you should be able to pick up a used one or two year old chinese 250 for like what 200bucks?? Heck thats a good deal for a young teen who wants to get into atving and learn a little about atving and maintaining them!

Old 03-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Sawyer
The chinese atv's have their place but man for what some say they can buy the used brand names its amazing. When I bought my Chinese atv's the economy was booming of course and used stuff was higher then it his now in my part of the world. When the crash hit used stuff definately came down some.

Back the to the Honda 250ex... new they are over $6000 cash deal up here. I paid 2500 for a nice 2005 model which I know I could put in the paper this spring and get more for no problem as they are hot sellers. It's almost tempting to make a trip down south with a semi and load up on all these deals down there lol! Bring back home and double your money. Actually there are some companies that do this but more so with the newer $$$ 4x4 atv's.

For you guys in the US for waht you can buy used brand names for you should be able to pick up a used one or two year old chinese 250 for like what 200bucks?? Heck thats a good deal for a young teen who wants to get into atving and learn a little about atving and maintaining them!

I am waaaaay south, Florida to be exact.

I looked today in some local classifieds and there were some good deals on some Honda quads. 1800-2200 depending on the year and condition.

As for the Chinese, they pop in there too. As I said, I got a little 50cc one for my son that was hardly used & garage kept for 200$>>was asking 250. Then two days after that another similar one popped up for 175obo. I ran into a fellow a week later riding that just picked up a 50cc for his son, he paid 300$. (but he got a nice youth helment, gear, and it was modded and faster than my sons. The bigger Chinese ones I have seen for 4-600 pretty regular too.

Name:  pic6.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  224.0 KB
Name:  pic5.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  169.5 KB
Name:  pic3.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  171.9 KB

Old 03-19-2010, 01:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

I own 3 chinese quads and 2 Honda atv's both are TRX but as for my chinese brands 250 kazuma falcon its an 05 modle its currently down right now but im keeping it cuz it was a tuff quad for what we put it threw i paid 300 bucks for it and it was well worth it for me i mean parts are cheap for it so i dont mind the repairs i also own a 110 egal that my 6 yr old daughter rides and its a good atv she takes that thing everywhere i go so for it to be able to with stand the terain i go threw its a keeper but we havnt had one single issue with it and have had it for a while now also i just bought my wife a no named quad thats 135cc and she loves the heck outta that thing i mean its reall how you take care of it i guess they all break down sooner or later some are built better than others yea but you can get a good chinese atv do the regular up keeps on it and it'll last so i see no issues with them personally i mean yea so there cheap made but hell now a days everything is starting to turn this way lol i have no problem telling ppl about my chinese brand atv's i get alot of complements on how well they do when we go out riding ppl see that the 110 can go mudding with my little girl at full throttle and it amazes alot of ppl that it does so well and this is a puddle that me and you would go threw with our atv's lol

Old 03-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by GetRwet
I am waaaaay south, Florida to be exact.

I looked today in some local classifieds and there were some good deals on some Honda quads. 1800-2200 depending on the year and condition.

As for the Chinese, they pop in there too. As I said, I got a little 50cc one for my son that was hardly used & garage kept for 200$>>was asking 250. Then two days after that another similar one popped up for 175obo. I ran into a fellow a week later riding that just picked up a 50cc for his son, he paid 300$. (but he got a nice youth helment, gear, and it was modded and faster than my sons. The bigger Chinese ones I have seen for 4-600 pretty regular too.

nice looking quad you got here is some pics of the one we got my little girl its a 110 egal
Name:  S7300855.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  92.9 KB
Name:  S7300776-1.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  119.9 KBName:  S7300868.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  121.3 KB

Old 03-22-2010, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

They are not for everyone and with all the Chinese Suppiers now gone under I don't think I would do what I did again. But as to your question I will simply refer you to my site to determine if you think I have got my $5000 worth!
Delivery and Set Up

Old 03-22-2010, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by outofline

As of 08/10/2008
OK, my true assessment of the 07 150 as I have 2 of them and have ran them pretty hard through the summer over many types of terrain most being pretty rough. Over all they have been fun and great quads for my newbie to ATV's family from my 8, 10, 13, 16 year old, Wife ("Undisclosed age for fear of losing my ATV privileges") to me at over 45 and 230+lbs.

The Motors have been work horses and have not given any mechanical problems.

Front end Tie Rod Ends sloppy but are holding up. Have had several rubber boots on ends and ball joints rip.

I do have one 150 transmission that pops out of Drive every so often but have not really dug into what is causing it yet. The Auto clutch has been trouble free and has always been smooth in the operation.

Had to increase the Turning radius as it was horrible from the factory.

The Batteries on the 150's are Junk now (Funny the 250's are still going strong) and only lasted (held a charge) longer then two days from the 2nd month.

Have lost several body bolts and the Gas tank bolts (should have loctited my bad)

Have had to replace Fuel filters

Have had a stupid rattle (on both) that for the life of me cannot find! (Almost from day one)

Now my biggest complaint is the pretty blue 150 is now turning Purple and the bright red is turning a bit reddish orange due to UV exposure because of the cheap plastic coloring.

Each time we go out riding I have to spend a couple hours going over the quads and tightening and fixing all the stupid little things but we have had a lot of fun on them and sure look forward to another fun summer.
Am I pleased with my purchase, ya I think so. I don't think the big 4 has a quad that is a versatile as this 150 and it's what we could afford. I don't know if there is better 150's out now and I hope Jet has learned from all of us this year and will correct some things and possibly make the 08's even better. Although I don't get the impression Jet is listening to us!

Now On To The 250's

As of 08/10/2008
Alright here is the low down on my Jetmoto 250's repair wise.

The Inner tie rod end mounting bolts on steering came lose causing sloppy steering (needed an additional washer to lower the Castle Nut down to meet Cotter pin hole better (150 & 250)
(Added washers and re tightened)

The front end alignment They were all out and needed to be adjusted toe in slightly to make up for sloppy front end assembly (150 & 250)

Battery and tool case rubber hold down strap cracking (150 & 250)

Most all my Jetmoto Decals are coming off (150 & 250)

The Rubber boots on front end ball joints are ripping open and going bad. (150 & 250)

Front Hydraulic brake needed bleeding.

Gas tank rear mounting bolt Rubber Spacer broke apart along with losing several bolts that hold the tank down.

The Red 250 when started up this spring the first time puffed out blue smoke and continues to to this day. I figure when it gets bad enough I will have to rebuild the top end of the motor! At the moment you can only see a tab bit of smoke and the faint smell of the burning while following it.

Lost several muffle to tail pipe bolts.

Broken CDI wire on the Red 250.

CDI rubber mounts go bad and break.

Added extra washer to make the rear axle castle nut match up correctly to cotter pin. (See Photo Page)

Bad starter safety switches on both the 250 and 150's.

Cracking Fuel lines, replaced them all along with the Filters.

The Red 150 broke at the Front Left Spindle, had to replace it at $38. from Raceway.

The Red 250 broke at the lower rear shock mount, had to strengthen the location the shock mounts to the swing arm, (See Mod Repair picture page)
Seems like the experiences you had pretty much mirror those I have had on my Chinese power sports stuff.

Im not going to get into the "do you think your ATVs are as good as" debate.....but I am somewhat interested in the performance of those ATVs.

Have you ever rode with (for purpose of comparison) anyone having a 250EX Honda or the Suzuki Z250. Those are probably the most widely ridden 250cc class machines and I wonder how the performance of the Jets stack up.

I dont have any basis for comparison on the 150s because to my knowledge none of the "big guys" make a 150cc class machine currently.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

They are not for everyone and with all the Chinese Suppiers now gone under I don't think I would do what I did again. But as to your question I will simply refer you to my site to determine if you think I have got my $5000 worth!
Delivery and Set Up
Of course you did. Just like me. We had kids at an age when getting ATVs and getting outdoors with them is an experience we will take to our graves. Not every second was a delight but the overall experience was great for us.

We had no choice at THAT time. I looked for used clean ATV, no way to find one at any decent price and could not afford two at that price at that time. Going Chinese was the only financial way to put two quads in my garage at the time.

We got our money's worth the first year. Renting quads at Pismo would have racked up huge. A couple trips there along paid for one of them. The dozens of other trips out paid for the other.

Today is a totally different economic time and the fact the used market is so great for buyers is what shut down basically the whole chinese quad market. I just hope parts business still has enough profit to keep parts flow adequate for us.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

No I have not been able to ride along side of any other 250cc to see how it compares, it would be interesting though. MWQ I think was able to ride with a Honda 250 his first time out on his Jetmoto 250.
The Jet 250 came way too high geared, Raceway the dealer I bought them from sent me out 15 tooth front sprocket to replace the 17t front sprocket and then later sent 14t to get the gearing down even lower and I might add he sent them all (2 sets of 15 and 2 sets of 14) for no cost to me! Lets see a Honda dealer do that for you!

I still think the 250's need to be re-geared front and back sprocket to really get the power/speed correct, but the 14t front has made a big difference. When climbing you can tell the motor just does not have a lot of raw power. I'm not a power freak so we have had fun on them as they are.
Now the 150's are geared perfect and that little 150cc motor would make any Japanese company proud! That thing has plenty of power to haul me (240lbs) up any hill I have pointed it at! And I don't think there is a big 4 atv that is as youth friendly as the Jet 150, the auto trans has been solid and to my surprise had a Gates belt from the factory that is still running strong!

Old 03-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Now the 150's are geared perfect and that little 150cc motor would make any Japanese company proud! That thing has plenty of power to haul me (240lbs) up any hill I have pointed it at! And I don't think there is a big 4 atv that is as youth friendly as the Jet 150, the auto trans has been solid and to my surprise had a Gates belt from the factory that is still running strong!
The 150 has been really reliable, far more than what I expected from a China quad. That's not to say it did not have it's share of issues but most were related to a single issue and that was the rear swing arm bearing went bad which caused all sorts of odd problems. Once that go sorted out, things have been good. Recently, the engine does seem to get some vibration going at higher rpm. I have not isolated it to the engine or tranny or somewhere but it is something I need to get to the bottom of someday.

Tires have not worn that well on either but I am wondering if that is more an issue with the surface where we ride has quite a bit of stout rocks and such.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

The Jet 250 came way too high geared, Raceway the dealer I bought them from sent me out 15 tooth front sprocket to replace the 17t front sprocket and then later sent 14t to get the gearing down even lower and I might add he sent them all (2 sets of 15 and 2 sets of 14) for no cost to me! Lets see a Honda dealer do that for you!
All other discussions/issues regarding Chinese ATVs aside - a Honda dealer doesnt NEED to do that for you because Honda spends time, money and man power to ensure that there stuff doesnt come "way too high geared". Granted it may not be perfect for everyone but they really do take input from riders, test riders, magazine reviewers etc and tweak their machines so they perform well for the masses. The Honda equivalent also has a driveshaft....so there are no gears. Any one dealer is far different from another. Im quite certain there are some Honda dealers that would bend over backward to help a customer that just purchased 4 brand new quads from them.......just like there are plenty of Chinese quad dealers that arent even around in 6 months to buy spare parts from.....or could give a rats *** about you 2 days after the sale. Your generalizing....big time.

My Honda TRX250EX with me on it (320lbs) wont keep the front wheels on the ground if I hit the throttle hard (although that may be because of all my weight right over the rear axle).......but it will only run about 50 to 55 mph.......I guess thats a trade off for decent torque from a dead stop. Its a fairly decent trail quad really....surprised me considering the small size of the motor compared to the large size of me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Want to hear from some satisfied China owners