1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Remote Starter Quit

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote Starter Quit

Hi, Guys! I got a Panther 110XL last week that quit running. Checked the wiring and found a bunch of bad connections that I fixed (yes..put them all back to their original connections). It runs fine now but the remote start/kill quit working. The plug to the ignition switch came undone too but fixed that. It starts fine when I turn on the ignition switch, turn off the handlebar kill switch and push the start button under the kill switch. The remote says YUNBA on it (I think....hard to read) and No. A08099008 on the back. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this remote module? It has 11 wires coming out of the module (1-antenna, 2 wire white plug (not used) and an 8 wire plug). Also, would you point me to where I can get a manual for this Panther 110XL and who made it?
Thanks for all your help! This is a SUPER site!
Beercan

Old 07-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Did this remote ever work?

I haven't seen anything other than generic wiring schemes for the remote - nothing specific for your particular quad - but the connector scheme is exactly the same. Are your wire colors at the 8 pin connector:

Red
Orange
Pink
Gray
Blue
Yellow
Yellow
Black

If they are that would be easier, but if not then it can still be figured out with some additional tests.

PM me an email address and I'll send that remote diagram. I also have a couple generic 110cc manuals that will help with valve adjustment, clutch adjustment and other routine maintenence. You'll need to be able to receive attachments totalling 5 Mbytes for the two manuals and the remote diagram.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default problem w/ 110cc quad

having no response to start button checked brake & rear disconnect kills think i need to bypass remote cause lost remote. can you send me any helpful tips pls?

Old 07-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by zdom
having no response to start button checked brake & rear disconnect kills think i need to bypass remote cause lost remote. can you send me any helpful tips pls?
Let's take a couple of different approaches to this problem:

1) Disconnect the remote by unplugging it. That is how you "bypass" it. Everything should work the same except that you cannot any longer shut down the quad with the ignition switch - you have to use the handlebar kill switch instead. We can fix that quirk later, but first see if unplugging the remote allows you to start the quad using the start button.
A) Does the quad start this way?

2) Now that the remote is unplugged, follow the fat heavy gauge red wire from the battery (+) terminal to the starter solenoid screw post. From the other solenoid screw post follow that fat heavy gauge wire to the starter input terminal. Set the brake. Turn the ignition switch on. Set all kill switches to the "run" position. Now that you have found the starter solenoid, short those two big screw terminal posts together with a screwdriver. It is going to spark some - not to worry.
A) Does the starter motor turn?
B) Does the quad start?

This is just a start. Report back with results from the questions above and we can take this or that path based on your answers.

Old 08-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default wireing diagram for remote control

I found this posting and I have the 8 wire connection and need to get the wiring diagram from you. I need to know what each wire goes to. My mechanic mixed up a bunch of wires and I could use your help getting the wiring diagram for the remote control box. thanks redneckwoman1

Old 08-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by redneckwoman1
I found this posting and I have the 8 wire connection and need to get the wiring diagram from you. I need to know what each wire goes to. My mechanic mixed up a bunch of wires and I could use your help getting the wiring diagram for the remote control box. thanks redneckwoman1
Let's get our bearings first, and make sure we are thinking about the same problem:

If you disconnect the remote (so that's out of the picture now), does the quad start up and run normally? You may have to use the handlebar kill switch to stop the engine instead of the ignition switch, but does the quad work normally other wise?

This question lies at a crossroads diverging into two different paths: Is it really a remote problem, or is it a more common starter/ignition problem? If it starts up and runs normally with the remote disconnected then the remote is not the problem.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Replacing Remote Switch

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
Did this remote ever work?

I haven't seen anything other than generic wiring schemes for the remote - nothing specific for your particular quad - but the connector scheme is exactly the same. Are your wire colors at the 8 pin connector:

Red
Orange
Pink
Gray
Blue
Yellow
Yellow
Black

If they are that would be easier, but if not then it can still be figured out with some additional tests.

PM me an email address and I'll send that remote diagram. I also have a couple generic 110cc manuals that will help with valve adjustment, clutch adjustment and other routine maintenence. You'll need to be able to receive attachments totalling 5 Mbytes for the two manuals and the remote diagram.

We bought a replacement one for ours. It came with different color wires than what picture but it is 6 pin and no diagram. Can you help us out please?