1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

China 110atv Struggles on hills

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 07:35 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaster94
does it look like this one?

Image Gallery

YEP! thats exactly what it is! it also is a 110cc. Doesent feel like a 110cc in my opinion.. Rode a bomardier 90 (much larger quad) and it has twise the power in my opinion.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider

You said that you have a K&N filter on it, did you adjust the jetting on the carb? it could be running lean.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Trailblazer

It came with a K&N style open element filter and thats what ive kept on it just put a new one on as the original wasnt washable this one is but still esentialy same filter. Im assuming its already been adjusted for it? would i need to ritchen it up a bit? how do you on these machines? I removed the EGR or whatever that thing is and welded the hole in the pipe for it shut. seemed to help a teany tiny bit.. Where could sprockets to fit it? and what size should i goto? it goes crazy fast on the top end. It literaly goes fast enough with my 215lb butt on it to vibrate so bad it hurts your feet and feels like its going to flip if you as much as hit a crack. Id say it tops out 45mph! i dont care if it only runs 25/30mph if it has more tourque. It will actualy pull away from a 2-stroke ds 90 pretty hard on the top end.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

well you could try smaller tires, youd just have to see if there are aftermarket tires that would fit on the wheels. if not, you might see if you could find a wheel tire package that would fit it. I believe that smaller tires would give you more torque though

Old 09-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Trailblazer

tires are tiny litlte 6"ers i dont think i could go much smaller. i really wish it had 8" wheels so could run wider tires make it more stable.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

does it use a cconventional atv sproket in the rear? if so, you could drop bump up a tooth or so

Old 09-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by jacob_royer
It came with a K&N style open element filter and thats what ive kept on it just put a new one on as the original wasnt washable this one is but still esentialy same filter. Im assuming its already been adjusted for it? would i need to ritchen it up a bit? how do you on these machines? I removed the EGR or whatever that thing is and welded the hole in the pipe for it shut. seemed to help a teany tiny bit.. Where could sprockets to fit it? and what size should i goto? it goes crazy fast on the top end. It literaly goes fast enough with my 215lb butt on it to vibrate so bad it hurts your feet and feels like its going to flip if you as much as hit a crack. Id say it tops out 45mph! i dont care if it only runs 25/30mph if it has more tourque. It will actualy pull away from a 2-stroke ds 90 pretty hard on the top end.
First off, this is a Chinese quad. Assume ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
If you got this quad second hand then go through every nut and bolt, top to bottom! Change oil, check valve clearances, check chain tightness and adjustment, grease and oil every single pivoting part! I can not stress enough how important it is to check EVERYTHING before modding it to go faster.

This site has some cool carb kits for 110cc Lifan bikes....
Lifan and XY Pister Pro bikes performance parts page featuring Kitaco, Takegawa, G-Craft billet aluminum parts as well as Classic Honda USA.
They should interchange, but like I said talk to some one first and make sure you have exact measurements so that you do not get stuck with parts you do not need.

This site has tire and wheel combos......
Kazuma ATV Parts - Tire & Wheel Combo- 50cc - 70cc - 90cc - 110cc - 150cc - 250cc - Kazuma Parts - Kazuma ATV Dealer -

Sprockets.....
Kazuma ATV Parts - Rear Sprockets- 50cc - 70cc - 90cc - 110cc - 150cc - 250cc - Kazuma Parts - Kazuma ATV Dealer -

This site has some better stuff....
4 Stroke Performance Pocket Bikes

For stability, you have too small of a quad. The front A-arms are too short and you have small rear tires on a narrow and short swing arm. You need to have a larger frame, etc. to gain stability. For a child under 130lbs. this frame is OK, the 125cc "teen size" or "Mid size" quads are the best bet for children under 150lbs. After that you need to go larger for safety concerns.

You need to remember that anything they do to a pitbike can be done to a quad with some extra fabrication. For example, the shocks are fully adjustable. Tighten the lower Lock Ring at the bottom of the shock to get stiffer shocks, you will see the step-up settings on the ring. Carbs, intakes and exhaust are easy bolt on hop-ups. Big bore kits, 4 valve race heads, and ignition parts are hop-ups also. But this gets pricey and defeat the purpose of a Chinese quad.

It all depends on what you want to do and how you want to ride, plus the wieght of the person riding.

For the torque issue, go to the bigger 8" wheels only if you want to gain an additional 5-7mph. If you want more torque, stay with the 6" rear wheels and get a larger rear sprocket. Get the largest rear sprocket you can find for climbing and tire spinning(rooster tails). Your quad will be slower but will climb better.

If 8" rims/tires will fit the front and clear turning go for it on the front. If you can find a set of wheel spacers with 3 bolt lugs add those also. You can also try switching the rims around backwards to make them mount outward more. The wider the front tire stance the more stable the quad will be cornering.

And again, never assume that anything on this quad or even a new Chinese Quad is OK. Check, then double check everything. After that you should have a fun quad.

This is my most recent 110cc that my daughter has......
Name:  110ccorange.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  83.8 KB

Name:  110ccorange2.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  89.7 KB

It does 36mph WOT. I use a portable GPS unit to track top speed.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by jacob_royer
My son is wanting to climb some hills with his 110cc atv but half the time it stalls half way up the hill! runs fine doesent seem to bog or slip. Had it about 3 years no problems. Im wondering if there are any performance upgrades for these things? already has a K&N style filter on it. What about the goofy emission crap in the exhaust? can i pull it off and put a block off plate on where that funky valve is and increase power a bit? also looks like it has a cat on it? can they be removed without killing performance? Also wondering about changing sprockets? this thing will go way to fast on the top end but lacks alot in accleration.
Additional thoughts....

How steep is the hill in question?
The fuel bowl is very small and designed to shut off fuel coming into the carb when the float rises. If the hill is very steep, the float may be rising, sticking, and starving out the carb on the hill.

I strongly recommend removing the carb, opening the fuel bowl for inspection, and cleaning both jets and the float needle valve.

Old 09-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Trailblazer

Not super steep its just the fact that you have to hit a hill faster than you really should to get it to climb it. And i bought the atv new a few years ago i have tightened and retightened everything hehe. I will take the carb off and do some cleaning.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:46 PM
Range Rover

After you clean the carb, pull the spark plug and check to see if it is dry and white/grey(too lean) or black and wet(too rich), or just in between. This will tell if the carb is adjusted right. You want the plug to be slightly richer than a dry plug. Too lean will kill power.

I would swap that rear sprocket. Make sure you know what type of chain you have. A larger sprocket will help with the hill climbs and drop top speed to around 25mph-30mph.

I would also run 93 octane in your quad. It will also help.

Quick Reply: China 110atv Struggles on hills