1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

China 110atv Struggles on hills

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default China 110atv Struggles on hills

My son is wanting to climb some hills with his 110cc atv but half the time it stalls half way up the hill! runs fine doesent seem to bog or slip. Had it about 3 years no problems. Im wondering if there are any performance upgrades for these things? already has a K&N style filter on it. What about the goofy emission crap in the exhaust? can i pull it off and put a block off plate on where that funky valve is and increase power a bit? also looks like it has a cat on it? can they be removed without killing performance? Also wondering about changing sprockets? this thing will go way to fast on the top end but lacks alot in accleration.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Trailblazer

one more thing is there anyway to run bigger wheels on these than the crappy 6" ones?

Old 09-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i think some have an adjustment on them. what is the brand and model on the 110cc quad? that'll help us narrow it down..

Old 09-22-2010, 09:57 PM
Trailblazer

No idea what make or model how can you tell? its about an 07 model.. has the 110cc engine/auto transmission that alot of scooters and such have.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:40 AM
Range Rover

Most 110cc quads run an 8" rear rim with a 18" or 19" tall tire. That size should be fine.
Some have a 4 bolt pattern which can be upgraded to a 10" rim. If they have the 3 bolt pattern an 8" rim is all I have seen available at that size. Always make sure you have accurate measurements before purchasing anything! Make sure all correspondence with a seller is through email so there is a record. Phone calls are nice but hard to prove later what got said. You may buy stuff that don't fit, so emails help with returns.

The muffler pipe has a heat shield that is removable but it is not a CAT converter. To increase power I would look into a larger carb and intake if possible. (sometimes intakes are more difficult to get in a larger size). Make sure you adjust the carb to get the most performance. Then you can get a slightly larger pipe or just remove the baffle inside the muffler of the one you have.

If you go to a bigger axle gear you should get a little more torque. You might need to lengthen the chain.

Also, make sure the governor screw on the throttle control is all the way out so you are getting true wide open throttle. Check for any adjustments on the throttle cable to see if you can get the most rpms.

If you have the 5 pin connector you can get a CDI ignition box and HEI coil/wire(usually orange) that will let you rev higher and pick up a bit more power/rpm.

I usually remove the generic EGR emissions parts that are on these quads.

You can list the serial# from the frame/engine and the title will also have this info.
HTH, Rich

Old 09-23-2010, 06:51 AM
Trailblazer

I have 3 bolt rims with a 6" wheel. No heat shield but past the goofy emission valve (has a valve on the exhaust with a rubber hose running to a thing that looks like a fuel filter) it has about a 4" long canister in the pipe. Then the muffler out at the end. Also i have the govenor screw completly removed and the cable adjusted so it opens the throttle all the way. I will check the serial # later and see what it is.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:15 AM
Trailblazer

Ok on the plastics it has a sticker that says:

ATV-21ARC

On the front there is a plate that says:

Unique Industrial & Trading Company

Engine:

7GLDx010NFG

And tires are:

145-70-6

Old 09-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

does it look like this one?

Image Gallery

Old 09-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Trailblazer

Roketa ATV-21A Mini ATV

This is EXACTLY what i have im assuming this is a Roketa! also it does have the 5 pin connection cdi. Where is a good source for a performance cdi?

Old 09-23-2010, 07:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

yep, Roketa. i've had good luck with the GY6 150cc engines. as far as performance parts, i'll let Mr. Firemouth handle that question as all i do is stock. i don't do mods or make hot rods out of them, just stock. have a good'en

Quick Reply: China 110atv Struggles on hills