1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Taotao ATA-300A1 Tighten Chain?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taotao ATA-300A1 Tighten Chain?

I got my son a Taotao AtA-300A1 for christmas and I can't figure out how to tighten the chain. It has a spring loaded idler pully that keeps tension on the chain but I think it needs to be tighter. Allso If anyone knows the chain size that would be good to know if I need A chain someday. The manual that came with it shows a diffrent atv with a drive shaft. Any info on the Taotao ATA 300A1 would be helpful.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default your quad

Originally Posted by leeranch
I got my son a Taotao AtA-300A1 for christmas and I can't figure out how to tighten the chain. It has a spring loaded idler pully that keeps tension on the chain but I think it needs to be tighter. Allso If anyone knows the chain size that would be good to know if I need A chain someday. The manual that came with it shows a diffrent atv with a drive shaft. Any info on the Taotao ATA 300A1 would be helpful.
i'm not really familiar with taotao, but does it have one of these on the rearend?

if so, that's the chain tensioner. if not, take a pic and send it/post it. unless one of the taotao guys will get on here and explain it....

Old 01-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply, It does not have a tensioner like that or I can't find it. His old 110 has a tensioner like the pic and I never had any problem with it. I went out and took pics of the new ATA taotao 300-a1 drive train but I can't figure out how to upload the pics. If anyone will let me know where to e-mail the pics or how to upload them it would be appreciated

Old 01-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default your quad problem

Thanks for the reply, It does not have a tensioner like that or I can't find it. His old 110 has a tensioner like the pic and I never had any problem with it. I went out and took pics of the new ATA taotao 300-a1 drive train but I can't figure out how to upload the pics. If anyone will let me know where to e-mail the pics or how to upload them it would be appreciated
i wonder if this one is like my polaris TB. loosen the axle bolts, have someone sitting on seat or use a ratchet strap to compress rear spring/suspension, roll quad forward until chain tightens up and then retighten the axle bolts, then get the strap/weight off of it and, BAM, chain is tight? hmmmm. could it be? you may look at that? BTW, check your PM, private messages, i'll send you my email.........so you can send pics.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Here is a link to a procedure that worked for me...

http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...0cc-atv-4.html

Scroll down to near the bottom for the info.