1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Loncin 110cc no spark

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loncin 110cc no spark

Hello and thanks for reading this. I have two identical china quads and one stopped firing while being ridden. Since I have two I have swapped parts trying to find the problem. I have swapped plugs, coil, what I think is the CDI, and the stator or what ever the part is that's got the magnets and coils of wire inside. The atv that wasn't firing still is not firing with all the swapped parts.

I noticed on another post a diagram showing a rectifier. Should I swap that. The starter is turning the engine over so the safety brake switch on make and working. The key has been bypassed, it's always on. The kill switch is on since the starter works. I will go over it again looking for loose connections but wondered if i'm missing something here and what else can I check or swap?

Never mind. I kept reading other post and found this one about the ignition switch. My switch has always required turning it on two or three times before the break light would stay on so the first thing I did when it stopped was to just bypass the ing. switch and in the process, not knowing anything about there being a kill switch in there I wired it together so I didn't have any spark. When I read the following post I disconnected the kill switch wires and I now have spark. Thanks!

You have it backwards. If you "wire the circuit together" you will guarantee no spark. Just leave the switch/remote disconnected. That defaults to "enable spark" mode. But remember that *all* the kill switches must be in "enable" mode (in other words open or disconnected) before you will get spark. Any one of the kill switches if not in the "enable mode" (shorted or connected across) can prevent spark.

In the case of the igntition switch there are two separate switches in the ignition switch. One section supplies power to the starter interlock circuitry (and other stuff), and one kills spark when the engine is turned off. So if the ignition switch is the problem you need to disconnect the kill switch wire itself rather than unplugging the whole switch. Usually this is a black/white wire.