1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

110cc Quad No Start Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110cc Quad No Start Please Help

have 2007 110 quad with remote . Kids were out riding and just quit running will not start have spark pulled carb and cleaned ,new plug this thing has me puuling my hair out I am very familiar with mechanics been workin on cars for 16yrs I have read some issues with valve adjustment but not sure how to set on the quad Please help kids are driving me crazy
Thanks

Old 08-30-2011, 11:10 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Try dribbling a little fuel into the spark plug hole. Quickly reinstall the plug and try to start it up. If you aren't getting fuel into the cylinder through the carburetor then the quad will run for a few seconds with the fuel you added directly into the cylinder.

Send me your email address by private message. I can send you by return email two different manuals for generic 110cc chinese quads. They discuss routine maintenance stuff like valve adjustment, clutch adjustment, etc.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

110 CC Gio mini hummer will not consistently turn over. Replaced the voltage reg. and battery. Maybe timing issue? Sometimes turns over great, mostly very slow. Fully charged battery on charger

Old 09-21-2011, 12:57 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrew519
110 CC Gio mini hummer will not consistently turn over. Replaced the voltage reg. and battery. Maybe timing issue? Sometimes turns over great, mostly very slow. Fully charged battery on charger
Slow turning starters fall into the following categories:

1) Battery is not up to the task (either bad or discharged)
2) Bad connections between the starter motor and the battery. This alos includes the ground return from the starter motor through the frame and back to the negative battery post.
3) Bad starter motor.
4) Engine is too hard to turn.

The numbers 1-4 also follows the path of likelyhood, with bad battery first. and engine won't turn being least likely.

Some simple things to try first:

A) Jump your little quad battery using jumper cables to your car battery. Please take *extra* care to get the polarity right. Plus to Plus, and Minus to Minus. Does the starter motor crank at normal speed now? If yes your battery is bad or discharged. Then we can delve further with a meter to see if the battery is just discharged, or if it is just plain bad.

B) Remove the jumper cables. Follow the big red wire from the positive battery post to a screw post on the starter solenoid. Find the other screw post that has a big red wire going down to the starter motor. Put your quad in neutral, and set the parking brake. (You are about to bypass some startup safety interlocks - let's make sure your quad stays still if it starts up). Turn on the igntion and set all kill switches to "run". Now take the shank of a screwdriver and short the two screw terminals above together. Some sparking is normal. Does the starter turn at a normal rate now?

If these two test don't help to identify the problem then get a meter ready and we'll go deeper.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
Try dribbling a little fuel into the spark plug hole. Quickly reinstall the plug and try to start it up. If you aren't getting fuel into the cylinder through the carburetor then the quad will run for a few seconds with the fuel you added directly into the cylinder.

Send me your email address by private message. I can send you by return email two different manuals for generic 110cc chinese quads. They discuss routine maintenance stuff like valve adjustment, clutch adjustment, etc.
Hi there I'm new to this site
I'm having the same problem with my sons
110cc quad as well bought a new carb new spark plug
Just not getting fuel through
Sprayed some carby spray she starts up just
Not getting fuel to the spark plug are you able
To help me out Lynn cheers mate

Old 08-28-2013, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

replace the carb or clean it probably something broke or stuck in it. A new carb is 30$ I think.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by brumbear
replace the carb or clean it probably something broke or stuck in it. A new carb is 30$ I think.
Yup I have A new carburettor
A new spark plug new lead still no gas to
Spark plug

Old 08-29-2013, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure you have a good seal in the manifold and check compression

Old 08-29-2013, 06:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by brumbear
Make sure you have a good seal in the manifold and check compression
Thanks for that mate will try it and see what
Happens cheers mate

Old 08-31-2013, 10:02 AM
Range Rover

Whoa... There is 3 or 4 different people asking for info one this one thread.

This is generic advice for to the ones it fits;

If you have spark and no fuel to the carburetor, then check the fuel level in the tank and also make sure the tank is vented. After you do that Then check the pit **** for obstruction (gummy mess), and the fuel line.. No rocket science here it is gravity fed.. The fuel has to flow, natural law.. IF tank is vented.

If you don't have spark, then the CDI is the "usual suspect"

Quick Reply: 110cc Quad No Start Please Help