1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

110cc ATV - No wiring - Help? PLZ

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 02:32 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default step 2 saw in another post you have 5 pin cdi

Wasn't step 1 simple now the fun begins. Ok locate the wires coming out of the engine itself. The important ones now are red/bk (or bk/red I cant remember) , blue/wht, and solid green.
Ok to note the cdi pins turn the cdi where you have 2 pins on top and 3 on bottom. Top left is 1, top right is 2, bottom row is 3, 4, 5 from left to right.
1) Find an easy bolt and ground the green.
2) connect blue/wht wire to pin 1 on cdi
3) connect red/bk wire to pin 5 on cdi
4) connect pin 3 on cdi to ground
5) connect pin 2 on cdi to your coil. I'm not sure of wire colors on coils if it has one wire thats the one you connect it to and make sure the body of the coil is grounded. If it has 2 wires connect the green one to ground and pin 2 to the remaining wire.
6) hook coil wire to plug but leave it out and test for spark if coil, stator, and cdi are good it should fire. Now install the plug and hook it up.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:44 AM
Range Rover

7) Ok pin 4 the kill wire first off remember the 'key off' wires did it have them? If not skip to (d)
a) First you need to make a 'Y' joint in a wire and connect one end to pin 4
b) connect one end to one of the 'key off' wires we located earlier
c) connect the other 'key off' wire to ground. The bike should now start and the key should kill it (assuming the engine/carb is in good mechanical condition)
d) connect the last wire to one wire on the kill switch
e) connect the last wire on the kill switch to ground. The bike should now start and the kill switch should kill it. (assuming good parts)

Step 2 complete. That wasn't as bad as I thought.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:09 AM
Range Rover
Default Step 3 keeping the battery charged

Ok back to the bundle of wires coming out of the engine there should be 2 left a yellow and a white. If you turn the notch on the rectifier plug up pin 1, is top left pin 2 is top rt, pin 3 btm left, pin 4 btm rt

1) Hook yellow wire from engine to pin 2
2) Hook white wire from engine to pin 3
3) Hook pin 4 to ground
4) Tie a wire to pin 1 and bare the other end. Turn multimetr to dc volts and touch the black leed to ground. Fire the bike up and you should have 12 volts on the loose wire (you may have to rev engine a bit). Now hook that wire to the + terminal on the battery.

This completes step 3

All that is left is clean up duty. For god sake install 5-7 amp fuses on all hot wires ecept the big one to the starter. You probably have several ground wires get a large gadge wire and bring them to a common ground. Wrap wires that run parallel with electrical tape and zip tie em to the frame.

The bike wont have lights or gages but you should be able to ride it w/o the battery going dead.

enjoy

Old 12-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Step 5?!

MudMike!!! how do I go about adding brake lights, blinkers, and a headlight?! I've used yer step by step to wire up a mini chopper I fabbed...and it runs! Now I want to make it street legal so I have to add some things but not sure where to start splicing in at. I used a 110cc Jinbangen motor that I had laying around...surprised that it still ran! Bawhahaha!!

Old 01-10-2016, 04:48 PM
Acibronco

Well bought used 110cc chinese atv.. spent so time trying to find out exactly wat brand hummmm looks like it's made by zinhang industries sold in bulk and named any number of names that said.. same issue as others won't start. The wiring harness was a disaster... some one had already decided or forced to cause of poor craftsmen ship disable safety brake wires and the stupid remote control box.. wow should have gone with dirt bike for my son.... got spark will start with selinoid screwdriver trick.. but nothing when using the some wat original electric start sys. Traced all wires tested all parts battery selinoid voltage regulator cdi stator key switch and on off switch finally start button and ignitor lol wat a cluster.. simply put I used Internet and looked up wiring diagrams and common sense most help from these threads .. a Lil l u tube

Old 02-25-2016, 04:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

What about the voltage regulater?
Originally Posted by mudmike
Ok back to the bundle of wires coming out of the engine there should be 2 left a yellow and a white. If you turn the notch on the rectifier plug up pin 1, is top left pin 2 is top rt, pin 3 btm left, pin 4 btm rt

1) Hook yellow wire from engine to pin 2
2) Hook white wire from engine to pin 3
3) Hook pin 4 to ground
4) Tie a wire to pin 1 and bare the other end. Turn multimetr to dc volts and touch the black leed to ground. Fire the bike up and you should have 12 volts on the loose wire (you may have to rev engine a bit). Now hook that wire to the + terminal on the battery.

This completes step 3

All that is left is clean up duty. For god sake install 5-7 amp fuses on all hot wires ecept the big one to the starter. You probably have several ground wires get a large gadge wire and bring them to a common ground. Wrap wires that run parallel with electrical tape and zip tie em to the frame.

The bike wont have lights or gages but you should be able to ride it w/o the battery going dead.

enjoy

Old 05-13-2017, 09:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by mudmike
4) Run a wire from the remaining small wire on the solenoid to the remaining wire on the start button.
5) Run a wire from the + battery post to the remaining 'key on' wire
6) Run a thick wire from a bolt on the block to the - terminal on the battery

Assuming the starter, solenoid, key switch, start button, and battery are in good shape you should be able to turn the key on and crank the engine by hitting the start button. Step 1 complete.

*NOTE* be sure the bike is in neutral before attempting to crank the engine because there is absolutely no safety devices on this system. If you try to crank the engine while the bike is in gear the bike WILL move.

To describe step 2 requires knowing how many pins your cdi has and if is 2 or 4 stroke.
Hey mudmike
I know this is an old post but hoping you can help. I made it thus far with your instructions and when I hit the start button we get smoke from the battery and the red cable gets really hot. I'm not sure what this indicates?
Thanks for any help you can provide.