1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Help with 90cc Atv and Starter Issue

Old 05-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with 90cc Atv and Starter Issue

Hello All

First off thanks for considering given up some of your time to help me with my issue.

issue: I have a little 90cc atv with a loncin engine I don't know what the atv is however when I hit the starter button nothing happens.. I can start it from jumping the silnoid Battery is BRAND NEW just bought yesterday.. prior to getting that battery I was letting them play on it by just using a battery pack and starting it..

i'm assuming electrical issue so I open up the housing where the switch is see if I could notice any loose wires but everything is tight.. so I followed the wire down to the harness opened up the connector (and I need to find out the name of these connectors cause I have an issue with one the male on the CDI - for now I just rigged it up but I wanna get the proper plug one of the wires is pulled out of it and I can't get the little clip thing out of it to repair it) all wires other that one I mention is tight and secure so not sure what else It could be... how I check or where to start..

thanks in advance to everyone

Old 05-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Almost all chinese quads use a safety interlock circuit circuit that keeps the quad from being started with the start button unless the brakes are applied. It's kind of the same idea with your car, where an interlock will not allow you to start it up in drive.

Turn on the ignition, and apply the brakes. Look at your brake light. It it lit up? If not then probably your brake switch interlock isn't working. Check out those connections at the brake switch and report back. If we need to go further you'll need a meter.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Trailblazer

Lynn you know whats really funny about this is that this weekend I had the quad apart and I was tracking the wires and another wire now that I think about it that I fixed was right at the break lever one wire was cut - but I never thought about pulling it while starting.. I will try that after work and report back.. the other thing if you can shed some light for me is I notice these machines are very loud rattle when driven.. I assume this is cause everything seems to be metal on metal no padding or spacers.. would it harm anything to shove some padding inbetween things

Old 05-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Electrical Expert

If it is rattling hard enough to make a lot of noise then it could probably use some damping. Just be careful that you pay attention to the operating temperature near where you add anything and make sure your added material is rated for that. Also don't block any airflow.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:17 PM
Trailblazer

Lynn, Thank you very much for pointing that whole brake switch out to me - I had no idea.. went out side after word helf the break hit the starter -- and VRROOOMMM unreal... thanks a million! tonight I'm going to tackle trying to quit it up a bit really vibrates and loud metal on metal banging when you go over bumps... nothing like my suzuki king :P

Old 05-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Electrical Expert

I'm glad you have it working .

Old 05-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Trailblazer

back to this thread for a second -

"harness opened up the connector (and I need to find out the name of these connectors cause I have an issue with one the male on the CDI - for now I just rigged it up but I wanna get the proper plug one of the wires is pulled out of it and I can't get the little clip thing out of it to repair it)"

Can anyone tell me what these connectors are called so I can order some.. the connection going to the CDI I have a broken wire now I was told you can simply push the little pin out, fix the wire and slid it back in however I'm yet to be able to push it out to repair I'm doing more damage trying to push it out then anything..

Old 05-23-2012, 12:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

are you talking about the snap together quick connects?

Old 05-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Trailblazer
Old 05-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Trailblazer

So Jaster you know what they are called or is there a tool to get the pins out?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help with 90cc Atv and Starter Issue