1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Tao tao rear barring clacking

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tao tao rear barring clacking

Can someone help me i just brought a tao tao 110 cc Atv for my 7 year old about a week ago i change the oil and spark plug when i just got it in after 3 days of slow rideing i began to here a clacking noice in the rear .It sounds like a barring in the rear i greased the chain good and tryed to grease what i can .But there no kind of grease Surts any where on the rear axal can any one tell me what should i do.And do u know if there any other fluids i need to check besides the oil .

Old 05-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

have you lifted it up off of the ground and shook the rear axle to verify bearing slackness? with it secured in the air via blocks or a hoist overhead, you can run it and check it out and narrow it down to exactly what it is that is starting to fail.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes i put the bike on a block and there is no slack in the rear end and i gave some gas while it was up and it still made that clacking noise can u tell me if the barring need to be greased and how you grease them

Old 05-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Verify the noise is coming from the axle carrier, use a screwdriver or a metal rod and hold it against the carrier, then put your ear on the other end, it will act like a stethascope and magnify the noise so you can pinpoint where its coming from.
And if the bearings are already making that much noise, no amount of grease is going to save them, could be time for replacement, before they fail and destroy your carrier or damage your axle housing.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

The bike is brand new he rode it for four day about a hour each day and i had it governed down because he is 7 year old and he never rode in water or mud like i said there isnt any slack in the rear im wondering if it could be the chain i read in another post that the more u ride them the looser the chain gets .

Old 05-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard those Chinese chains stretch like a rubber band, could be you are hearing links rattling over the sprockets, make sure the tension is set right, if the chain is sloppy, and cant be adjusted anymore, get a good quality chain and replace it.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm having the exact same problem. mine started after about a half of a day's use. gentle riding around in the yard by my 6 year old. I seem to notice mine more when my son goes over a slight bump in my yard. You figure yours out ?

Old 05-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

No not yet Im offshore right now but when i get in i will tighten the chain to see if that helps i guess i should have tighten all the nuts and bolts on there before he rode maybe like he said the chain might have loosened so i will try that when i go home and u can try to check the tightness of the chain while hes sitting on it.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

I noticed the batterie under the sit virbrates to so u might want to see if it might be that makeing the noice when he goes over a bump i took a rag and put it around the the batterie it cut down on the noise

Old 05-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Checked mine out again tonight. My noise is coming from the rear shock. There is some play between the bushing and the bolt causing the slight clunk. I tightened it up and that helped it a little. Hope that helps you out.

Quick Reply: Tao tao rear barring clacking