1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

200cc Gio Beast Wiring issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 200cc Gio Beast Wiring issues

Hello, thought this would be a great place to get some help about my atv. I've got a couple issues relating to wiring connectors. Looking through the wiring spaghetti, some connectors have different colours at each end... example, the stator/alternator has 5 wires that go into a male connection. The female connetor on the frame has 5 wires.. only 2 wire colours match up in the connectors..... Now to my issue, the male end fell off all the wires of the stator/alternator, and I can't find a decent wiring diagram to put it back together in their specific spot in the connector. It would be so helpful if someone who has this atv to help me out!

The other issue is my ignition switch(key switch) wiring, there are 4 wires total, 2 of them not bolted to the switch. what wire goes to what terminal? annnd at the other end of these wires, the connector has 1 wire hanging out?

If someone could help with either pictures of their gio beast of the connections that would be the best help! would make my daughter a very happy girl if I can get this thing going!!

Old 05-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Trailblazer

im afraid i dont have the same quad but u might be able to help you figure out which wire is which, if i understand right is this the connection going to the regulator rectifier from the stator?

Old 05-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I've never seen a Gio Beast 200cc wiring diagram...

On your stator connections:

1) What are the wire colors on the harness side of stator connectors?

2) What are the wire colors of the wires going into the stator?

3) Take a meter and set it to measure ohms. Measure each of the five wires going into the stator to ground (the engine case is good). What do you measure for each of the five wires? Expect resistances on the order of several hundred ohms to fractions of an ohm. So you will need to adjust your scale setting from the lowest setting you have (say 2 ohms full scale) to 2000 ohms full scale (also called 2K ohms). Use the lowest scale setting you can without the meter overscaling (i.e. reading the same as when the meter leads are disconnected).

This is a starting point. From the colors on the harness side I'm hoping we can figure out the function of each wire (assuming they use standard wire colors). The with the resistance reading hopefully we can identify which stator wire is what. There are three separate coils in the stator - the battery charge winding, the AC ignition power, and the timing trigger signal.

On the ignition switch:

What are the colors on the wiring harness side of your ignition switch connector?

The ignition switch is actually two switches in one ganged together on a common shaft. One switch is closed when the ignition switch is turned on. This provides switched power to anything that runs on 12 volts - like the brake light and starter safety interlock circuitry. The other switch is closed only when the ignition switch is turned *off*. This switch section shorts the kill switch input to the CDI to ground, killing spark and stopping the engine.

So using your ohmmeter to measure your ignition switch (unplugged from the wiring harness), figure out which two terminals are shorted together only when the ignition switch is on, and which two wires are shorted only when the ignition switch is off. Again if your Gio quad follows standard wire colors for the harness side we should be able to figure which harness wire goes to what ignition switch wire.

I'm not quite understanding your "1 wire hanging out" description. What connector? How many wires in the connector? What are the wire colors?

Old 06-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Trailblazer

Found this on another site. Guy says its for a 200cc beast.

Name:  wiring.jpg
Views: 11445
Size:  100.5 KB