1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

monsoon 90cc

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok made it back to town and got more ether. Sprayed it on both sides flywheel side and centrifugal clutch side. Both sides got it to fire. Think that's got to be the problem. Went to try and pull the centrifugal clutch and its tighter than a rats a*s. May need to break out the impact I'm guessing. Looking at the way the belt turns, makes sense it would be standard thread and not reverse. Haven't tried pulling flywheel yet. Looks like this site has most of the parts I need. Seems the only difference between a 90 and 50 is bore. So figure oil seals should be the same. 2-stroke 50cc 1PE40QMB Minarelli Jog motor parts

Old 07-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Got the two crank seals replaced, made a gasket for under the reed cage, and it fired up first kick. I let it idle for about 10 minutes. No hiccups at all. Got on it and rode it down the road about a quarter mile and it died. It was running perfect Won't restart for the life of it. It tries (fires on each stroke) as long as you hold in starter button. sprayed starting fluid all over engine and intake. No change. Can still feel suction through carb which I couldn't before seal fix. Starting fluid in carb makes it quit popping. Likes it saturates it. Leading me to guess its flooding and was running real rich. Will pull plug tomorrow and see if its fouled. I pulled plug wire and put to ground, bright fat blue spark. I am impressed with the 2 stroke 90. Carried me easily and I weigh 350. Maybe I set off a fat boy. safety sensor. And thank you for the greatvadvice thus far. Youve been a great help.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:06 AM
Trailblazer

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem now. There may be crud in the carb bowl seat or jets.

Glad I could help for sure.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Took all the plastics off again so I could see what's going on. Installed new plug. Fires and runs each time I spray ether now. If I feather throttle it will eventually start and run off gas tank. But won't idle. It just dies. Idle circuit plugged? Hard to imagine. New carb, lines and filter. Maybe a piece of casting slag. I'll tear it apart and blow through it. Ideas?

Old 07-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Great news. Finally found time to tear back into it. It was operator issues. The left hand crank seal blew out. The idiot who put it in (me) did not drive it in far enough. Live and learn. After cleaning the carb twice, installing new reed gaskets again, new plug again, tanking the silencer, thought, what about the seal. Yep loose. I felt it seat in a groove this time. I can tear clutch down and replace seal now in about 5 minutes. I love 2 strokes Been riding it for a couple hours. No issues, no smoke, pulls me around at 360 or so pounds. I'm impressed. Would love to find another. Thanks for all your help. Starting another basket case soon. A jianshe 250 quad. Weak spark/intermittent spark issues. Wish me luck. Thanks again

Old 07-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Trailblazer

Aswome good news.