1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Taotao 125 -- what are these hoses?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taotao 125 -- what are these hoses?

Took delivery on an ATA-125-D Taotao for my son yesterday. Did the usual blind assembly with NO directions enclosed. How does their legal department let them do that???

There are two hoses/lines I'm unclear on. There is a fuel line from the bottom of the carb that drops down over the engine, and is plugged with a ?fuel filter? that has the end filled with silicone. What is that? It doesn't look like it can perform any function.

Inside the right front fender, there is a tube coming off the exhaust pipe, with a rectangular flat metal box. A ~1/2" rubber tube rises straight up from it and is topped by a black fuel-filter looking gadget with a large opening -- metal baffle visible in it. Is that an exhaust air injector? Does it ever require service? (Please don't tell me this thing needs an emissions check outside of California!)

Clearly, I'll be reading this forum a lot. Many questions have already been answered and impressions confirmed. I have to keep reminding myself that I enjoy fixing things and I have a big chunk of cash in my checking account that could have gone to the Yamaha dealer.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tube from the bottom of the carb is most likely the bowl overflow/carb drain line, it just has that fitting on the end to keep dirt and such out of the line. Those usually go over the engine and exit down by the frame, so overflow gas goes on the ground and not on the motor.
The exhaust fitting has me a bit baffled, I have heard of some of these quads having something like an EGR valve or air injection valve for emissions, probably required in the country of origin. I am sure there are other more knowledgeable members that will say what that is for sure.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 95wolv
The tube from the bottom of the carb is most likely the bowl overflow/carb drain line, it just has that fitting on the end to keep dirt and such out of the line. Those usually go over the engine and exit down by the frame, so overflow gas goes on the ground and not on the motor.
The exhaust fitting has me a bit baffled, I have heard of some of these quads having something like an EGR valve or air injection valve for emissions, probably required in the country of origin. I am sure there are other more knowledgeable members that will say what that is for sure.
Yes and yes.

Old 07-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks. What a great forum!

Old 07-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wait until you have any electrical problems.....Lynn Edwards has all the electrical layouts and CDI setups for almost all the Chinese quads, so hopefully we got you covered on all fronts !!

Old 07-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Air injection

Does anyone know where I can buy the "air injection" valve that is connected to the exhaust of my Tao Tao ATA110-B? I have looked on-line and cannot find it anywhere