1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help

I have a 2007 panther 110cc atv:
and some problems with it.
was stored outdoors for a few years just brought it in.
1. so the head gasket is completely gone im wondering if there is any legit place i can purchase a head gasket and only a head gasket. not the complete set.
2. Cannot find any info on my serial number. i found a manual but doesnt say anything about my motor. how do you identify the type of motor istere anway. i searched 2007 panther 110cc and only found above mentioned manual?

im trying to get the picture i took of the head gasket to give all of you an idea of what im looking for, everyone i have talked to say its a honda replica but im not so sure but my buddy said it is set up like a lawnmower motor???

Please any info will be greatly appreciated

Last edited by panther110cc; 08-12-2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: more info
Old 08-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah, post a pic or two. that'd help.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default new info

update! this is a buyang atv 2007 panther 110cc i cannot find a manual.
i am wondering if oil got in the clutch if that would have anything to do with starting the atv. the previous owner must have put some oil in there thinking it was the oil fill. i have since drained that but the coils inside are gooped up with oil. if it has no impact on starting im not too worried about it. i can fix at later time. it will try to start but will not even attempt to turn over. have pulled the carbuerator off and cleaned it i also was geting it to turn over before the carbuerator cleaning so im not sure whats going on with that. i am a little confused on the air gas mix screw what would the best setting be for that? changed the spark plug it is already dirty im wondering if i should change it again anything i can do to clean in there so it doesnt ruin more spark plugs. the person told me about a short wondering if there is a way to test the lines or if there is a good place to buy wire harnesses? really confused so any info u guys can give me im sure will help

Old 09-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

okay everything is running pretty good on my panther 110 painted and all put back together. the other problem i am having is the carb is leaking gas out of it everytime i turn it off. im not sure if the carb need replaced or if there are any fixes out there you know please any info is good info

Old 09-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

does it have a petcock valve on the bottom of the tank going to a fuel hose going to your carb? if not, you can install one inline. if it doesn't have a valve right now, your float is stuck open. pull the carb and clean the needle valve seat and you'll be fine. double check your crankcase oil to make sure it ain't contaminated with gasoline. if it is, change oil.