1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Kazuma Dingo 150 mods?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma Dingo 150 mods?

Anyone know any mods I can do for my Kazuma Dingo 150?
Any performance mods or anything to give it more power?

Old 11-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Since your Dingo is a 150cc GY6 engine I would think there are a lot of things you could do. A performance CDI for example, or CVT mods. I have a 150cc GY6 powered quad too, and haven't done any performance mods at all. But there are a lot of mods out there. I'd search for GY6 engine mods rather than Dingo mods since that engine is used in many quad brands.

For a performance CDI you'll need to figure out if your CDI is DC powered or AC powered, and buy the right CDI to match your wiring. A wiring diagram would sure be nice here , but in the abscence of a diagram there are simple measurements to figure this out with a meter if need be.

GY6 full blown engine service manuals are available for free on the internet. Usually these are published for scooter engines, but it is the same GY6 engine so it applies to GY6 quads as well.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have one with a busted rear axle, is there a way to put a different brand axle on the back and mod it? I know it has to be possible. Look at the crazy stuff they did on monster garage. There has to be a way, its just a matter of knowing someone that knows how to mod a rear end with a diff axle

Old 02-15-2013, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

There are all kinds of things you can get for the GY6 150. Big bore kit, stroker crank, 4 valve head, CVT upgrades, electronics, etc, etc. I would save the electronics for last, though. Not much bang for your buck there. This is a popular motor for the chinese buggies and those guys have really found out how to make it push around a 500lb off road buggy.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Any speed mods? Is there any kind of speed limiter on these things? Or is it just maxing out when I full throttle it?
A speed mod would be awesome!

Also, anyone know where I can get tires for a Dingo 150? The front and back are diff sizes

Old 03-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Old 03-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

There might be a limiter on the thumb throttle. Aside from that, most of the HP to be gained is in the head and cylinder. How much you wanna spend?

Old 03-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by RonV
There might be a limiter on the thumb throttle. Aside from that, most of the HP to be gained is in the head and cylinder. How much you wanna spend?
Isn't that always the question used in response to 'How fas can I make this go?".

Old 03-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Not too much really, If there is something cheap. For example that link I posted a few post up. Is that legit?

Old 03-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by kazumarider
Not too much really, If there is something cheap. For example that link I posted a few post up. Is that legit?
Not trying to be difficult, but do you really expect to get a big performance boost from a $9 part? My personal opinion is that electronic stuff is the last thing you want to spend your money on.

Most people start off by replacing the stock air box with a UNI or K&N filter. Performance exhaust helps, too. Then you gotta re-jet your carb for those changes.

Quick Reply: Kazuma Dingo 150 mods?