1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

chinese 110 atv wiring

Old 12-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chinese 110 atv wiring

got 2 brand new blue eagles 110 chinese atv's right out of the box niether will crank over or fire. when i turn key on the brake light comes, but when i press the starter button nothing happens, i can short solenoid and it will turn over but wont fire.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

When you turn on the ignition you say the brake light comes on. But you didn't say that this also required the brake(s) to be applied. There are tail lights and brake lights. Question: When you turn on the ignition switch with the headlight switch turned off, does the brake light turn off when you release the brakes, and turn on when the brakes are applied? It is important to make sure we aren't confusing the tail light and the brake light.

When you jump across the solenoid and get the starter motor turning, do you have all kill switches in the "run" position? If not, you won't get spark, and the quad won't start. By kill switches I mean the ignition switch must be "on", the left handlebar kill switch must be in the "run" position, the rear tether pull cord "plug" must be firmly and completely seated, and the remote module must be working. You may not have all of these features.... Ignore those you don't have. Disconnected and removed is the the default "run" position.

Once you make sure your kill switches are set right, and you jump the solenoid, do you have spark? Do you know how to test this?

Old 12-14-2012, 01:01 AM
Range Rover
Default you said new out the box

been reading the forum for a bit and saw several warnings that may need passed along. Again these are things I read and have no experience with as I dont buy new.

1) Many people say you should change the oil before you start them because the oil they are shipped with is vegetable based and will not hold up to a running engine (but plenty good for shipping a new engine).

2) Some have packing in the float bowls (I think they said can be removed before starting) and have read that you need to let the quads idle 30-45 min on first start for it to desolve and work its way out. Otherwise you will be cleaning your brand new carbs.

On your no start/fire problem were you holding the brake/clutch when attempting to start it? Heard they have safety switches that require that on new ones. (My stuff is old and wore out when I get it)

Again just things I've seen posted that I have no first hand knowledge of but thought you may like to know.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

ok so i guess it is the tail light, i have all the safety switches un plugged, also unplugged the remote kill module

Old 12-15-2012, 12:25 AM
Electrical Expert

To use the start button to crank the quad you must have the brake switch working. A good indicator of this is that the brake light lights up when you step on the brake (ignition switch on of course), and it goes out when you release the brake.

What brake switches so you have? Are they both handlebar brakes, or is on a foot brake?

Have you seen my private email response to your private email response? Are two issues relating to the same two quads? No response? Why?

Old 01-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Trailblazer

Also i would give you this warning whilst your quad is still new, if it has any crimp connections tape them up with self amalgamating tape to make them water (and more importantly mud) proof. As i have experienced many times before with Land Rovers and quads alike if you get grit, mud or grease in them they will become dodgy and unreliable. Also i would recommend cable tieing any loose or exposed wires to a solid object eg frame, because they gather clumps of mud and put stress on them.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Trailblazer

The remote kill switch may be your problem. On ours we have to make sure its unlocked before it will start. Just unplugging them may screw things up...

Old 01-05-2013, 12:37 AM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by Justjoe
The remote kill switch may be your problem. On ours we have to make sure its unlocked before it will start. Just unplugging them may screw things up...
Unplugging the remote will just disable it. It won't screw things up. All remote functions will then be out of the picture, with one exception:

You will no longer be able to shut off the quad with the ignition switch. You will have to use the left handlebar kill switch to shut off the engine. To use the ignition switch to shut off the engine with the remote unplugged you will have to add a jumper to the remote connector between two pins. Most people just opt for using the handlebar kill switch, but if you want to restore the ability to use the ignition switch to do the same I can help with further info...

Old 01-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
Unplugging the remote will just disable it. It won't screw things up. All remote functions will then be out of the picture, with one exception:

You will no longer be able to shut off the quad with the ignition switch. You will have to use the left handlebar kill switch to shut off the engine. To use the ignition switch to shut off the engine with the remote unplugged you will have to add a jumper to the remote connector between two pins. Most people just opt for using the handlebar kill switch, but if you want to restore the ability to use the ignition switch to do the same I can help with further info...
Nice! Answered a question that Im sure I would have asked eventually on this forum, Thanks!

Old 01-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Trailblazer

Hmm, never knew that, im used to working on older bikes with no sensors and remote kills. Cheers for that info