1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Need help changing Kazuma Meerkats Steering Column.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 08:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help changing Kazuma Meerkats Steering Column.

Hey Guys.

Been the daft dad that i am, iv been out on the kids quad by myself while their at school and broken it.

I kind of rolled it trying to get up a steep hill near where we live haha Iv tried to get the steering column out so i can get a new one fitted but for the life in me i cant figure out how you get it out from the frame. It just doesnt look its ment to come out.

Any tips on getting the bloody thing out?

Thanks

Nathan

Old 02-11-2013, 09:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

Still looking for help with this. Iv bodged a pair of handle bars on the quad so its still usable. I havent ordered the new steering column yet because i dont want to spend £40 and not be able to fit the damn things lol

Old 08-01-2015, 10:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default There is a fix for the steering column

I know you had this problem 2 years ago but I had the same problem this week. My son's broke just below the handlebars. You have to bend the top piece to get it out once you disconnect the tie rods and everything, easier to bend if its still connected at the bottom. Getting the new one in was mind boggling. It has to go in from the top. You have to twist it to get it past the first set of bars. Then you run into the problem with the engine being in the way. The column barely hangs up on the drain nut on the front of the engine. I took out the two bottom engine bolts and the rear engine bolt that connects the muffler to the frame. This allows you to move the engine slightly. I took a small floor jack and raised the front of the engine. Its best to have someone stand on the insides of the front wheels since the atv is so light. Now just take a hammer and tap it past that spot, you don't have to hit it that hard. I hope this helps if you still have it. If not, maybe someone else will have this dilemma in the future and have an answer lol