1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Looking for Honest Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 05:45 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a few "dealers" for the Chinese made quads in my area. The reason I put dealer in quotes is because they sell the quads, but don't sell parts or repair them. It's almost impossible to get them serviced. There are LOTS of people in my area that have been taken by these junk quads, and are trying to get from under them. As mentioned above, they have numerous carb, engine, and frame issues, and are almost impossible to keep running. One of the local Kawasaki dealers recently started selling Kymco, and claim they can get parts and service the machines. I haven't found anyone yet that actually owns a Kymco, but from what I've read on various sites, they seem to be considerably better machines than the Chinese junk.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:52 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One brand name that's always ready runs is worth more then two Chinese ATV broken down.
The Chinese ATV are copies of the name brands but there parts and metal ergy is of less quality. Cheaper Stators, coils,cv,gaskets,bearings,carberators and so on.
There motor are copies of Honda or Yamaha but the material is inferior.
Its like comparing a Snap-on 1/2" wrench for to a drop forged 1/2" wench made in India.
Ones made out of super harden steel the other is made out of soft lead but they sure look a like side by side.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I love my Kymco.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:14 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Lots of 20+ year old Yamaha, Suzuki and Honda running around that had no motor job and have most of there stock parts.
I just do not think you will see many newer Chinese ATVs running around 20 years from now.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 6 Year old Hensim and a new Coolster

We have a 2007 Hensim 150cc and a 2013 Coolster 150cc. We go riding in the Jawbone area of the Mojave desert. The Hensim stripped the drive sprocket and there is a store in Lancaster,CA that carries parts for it. I put Iradium Plugs in both. So far no other problems. The Coolster is pretty well made. The Jawbone has some very rugged and rocky areas. Both quads have handled both very well. We were riding through Last Chance canyon and went wherever we wanted to go. Both us are 64 years old . We do some steep trails. There were flash floods in the area the week before and the rocks beat us up pretty good, Both of us were very impressed that the quads came through with no problems. I did use locktight when assembling the Coolster. I use Royal Purple Syn oil in both. I have 8 hours on the Coolster and 185 hours on the Hensim.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

my Eton, a polaris clone, keeps up with my polaris, hondas, yamahas. true it's from taiwan, but i know it's better than the super cheap almost no name brands. true roketa is still a weak frame along with SunL. that's why i stick with Eton and the name brands i already have. they're proven. now i got a tao tao i'm rebuilding and i'll see how it does.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default my experience

I HAVE 2 400C Roketa/Odes atv's and 2 400 honda ranchers and I find little difference in quality. I actually like my ODES machine more than my ranchers for many reasons. The odes machines have disc brakes all around that stop on a dime and are easy to get to/work with. THE FRAME WELDS ARE STRONG AND I SEE NO DIFFERENCE. The controls and wiring seem just as good as quality as the Honda's. Although they refer to the odes as clones i see hardly any likeness in the engine and trans other than oil filters and starters. The plastics are actually stronger is some areas.

please correct me if i am wrong?

Old 08-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Back in 97 I bought 4 Jetmotos for our family. It was fun to buy the new ATV's shipped to our front door in crates, assemble them and ride as a family for several years. We paid $5500 for all 4, price of one name brand atv. Brand new they all were great, little issues that the dealer and Jetmoto stood behind with warrentyed (6months) parts. There were other issues over the years as they are not built like the name brands. All the Rubber parts went bad with in 4 years pretty much. Motors and trasmissions were bullet proof and ran great. Small electrical issues due to cheaply constructed parts. Always needed small things needing fixing after every ride, bolts tightened and such. After 5 years I sold all 4 together with the $600 trailer I had bought at the time for $2600.
So for the time we rode and enjoyed the ATV's and the money I bought and sold them for I feel was well worth the price. If you don't want to work on them DO NOT BUY them. If you don't mind tinkering and fixing then you might just have some fun.

I would say if you can afford name brand then by all means buy name brands. But I couldn't so these were my only choice at the time and i don't regret one bit buying them.

Delivery and Set Up

Old 08-26-2013, 08:02 AM
Trailblazer

Never buy a Chinese brand quad. NEVER.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

OK I actually had a brain storm/fart and went in for tao tao dealer pricing with the idea to start a dealership. I bought 5 quads all are not very good quality all of them.
I bought 2 125D models a 150D models a 110B3 model and a 250 B. The pricing was very very low. I got what I paid for, I wanted to set up a small store put them together sell em with upgraded battery chain and spark plugs and real oil with all the nuts and bolts loctited for some extra as an option. I wanted to stock a few dollars in parts but I decided against it after the quads arrived. I bought 2 used Polaris machines and we will see.
The 125 models have very little issues except that they are so small a 7 year old is getting to big for it and the batteries were shyt.
The 110 needed a new motor 10 min after start up.
The 150 blew the ign coil and cdi box after about 5 hours of use.
The 250 just blows the chain off constantly and the clutch is shot after about 4 hours of use.
Get a used name brand, the Chinese quads have 0 QC in the builds.