1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

90cc Kazuma 'Coyote' NO SPARK

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90cc Kazuma 'Coyote' NO SPARK

While I realize the Kazuma Coyote is a Go-Kart, I figured you guys would have some pretty good input as this may be a problem that occurs across Go-Karts, ATV's, and Motorcycles.

I just picked up a used 90CC Kazuma Coyote that, other than the no spark, seems to be in excellent condition.

The previous owner replaced the CDI and ignition coil, but that didn't work. The battery is charged, and turning the key spins the starter motor just fine. I tested the plug on my moped, and it has a healthy spark. I've made sure that the kart is in neutral, the battery has full charge, and all fuses are intact.

There is a 4-prong female plug on the wiring harness that doesn't have any sort of electrical component attached to it, just a connector. Should there be a rectifier here? There is not a rectifier located anywhere else on the bike...I'm just not sure if these go-karts require one. And if they DO require one, would not having one keep the plug from sparking?

Thanks guys!

Old 07-26-2013, 03:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

use these guys for gocarts/buggies. they're good. i've used this forum before. NOT saying we can't do it here....but these guys do it all of the time.

BuggyNews Buggy Forum • Portal

Old 08-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Range Rover

shoester,

I am not Lynn Richards, who knows more about things that spark than anyone I have ever met, BUT I don't think that anything that uses a CDI now days requires the external component we called a rectifier back in the day of points and condensers.
It could be the connector you mentioned might be a safety switch of some kind, a tether switch maybe, but that is just a guess on my part.... and it could be, (this is just a guess on my part), that the CDI is bad I have replaced them and the bike run for 30 seconds or so and then never hit again...Not all CDIs are not created equally.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

Just incase anyone was interested, I found the problem. The alternator wire that supplies power to the ignition coil became loose at the connection to the coil inside the alternator. I re-soldered that connection and she fired right up.