1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

110cc wiring trouble help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014 | 05:42 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default 110cc wiring trouble help please!!!

Hi i purchased a 110cc engine off of ebay aswell as a harness claiming to be for a ct70 but it is acutally generic. The wiring is brand new and complete my only problem is for some reason the solenoid isnt clicking no matter what i do and i know i wired it correctly! When i purchased the harness and controls on ebay the seller connected everything for me so i have no idea why its not starting and wiring isnt my strong point when concerning engines. Everything plugs in except for a 6 pin connector im not sure what it goes to because all the parts such as the cdi and regulator are plugged in. there is a male connector that has only 1 pin inside and it is a green wire im not sure what it should be leading to. I will take a video of what im working with later if anybody replys on this post! If you would be able to talk on the phone with me and walk me through i will give you my number. If you have any suggestions to what it can be let me know everything is brand new so i doubt there is anything broken it can be the fuse but i doubt it thats brand new also but if i have to i will change it with another i have,

LINK TO eBAY AD WHERE I BOUGHT ENGINE:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/360513386581?lpid=82
LINK TO eBAY AD WHERE I BOUGHT HARNESS:
Ct 70 CT70 Harness CDI Rectifier Coil 12V Brake Switch Honda Key Switch Coil | eBay

LINK TO eBAY AD WHERE I BOUGHT CONTROLS:
Handle Bar Controls Honda Lifan CT70 Ct 70 Ct 70 7 8" Brake Lever Electric Start | eBay

Old 06-21-2014 | 01:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

The single green wire if I remember rightly is to go to the earth if you can follow it back it should be coming from your stator plate green wire is earth black and yellow to coil White is for lights and so is yellow don't worry about spare plugs not connected as long as you have battery start solenoid cdi rectifier and coil wired up your good to go oh and the handlebar control switches of course if your still having problems post a pic of your wiring and engine and I will have a look for you , I never buy wiring harnesses for these imported machines just get a bit of spare wire and connect everything myself you only need 4 wires to get them running

Old 06-21-2014 | 01:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have just looked at the harness you got and can't see a start solenoid can you confirm there is one present on your machine , and just looked at engine to if your still stuck I can tell you which wires go to what so you won't need the harness I can show you how to make your own if you want I have a spare frame engine and all components needed so can do a little video if you need it let me know

Last edited by Ki Jones; 06-21-2014 at 01:40 AM. Reason: More information