1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

2007 Buyang 300 intermittent issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 12:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Buyang 300 intermittent issues

Long time reader, first time poster

I am an avid powersports enthusiast, experienced technician of 17 years & I bleed Honda red.

Guy recently dropped off an ATV for me to work on. I have not dug into it yet, but just looking at it is making me cringe a bit. I have a new battery charging for it right now, but thought I would search the web to give me a little insight in the meantime. I am not able to find much information at all for this thing, outside of owners manual. Here's the basic info:

2007 Buyang Panther
Model: FA-D300A
Feishen motor, 300cc liquid cooled 4-stroke

First and foremost...
There is a small resevoir located rear right, under the seat. It is white-ish, like a coolant bottle and doesn't appear to hold more than a half quart. The cap has pictures that indicate filling with premix?!? This does not make any sense to me, being that is is a 4-stroke. There are several lines coming out of it. I haven't looked far enough into it to trace where the lines go yet. Any ideas? Anyone?

Next:
Stated issue is that ATV will shut off randomly, for no apparent reason. Guy says it will start and run, can run for 15 minutes or for 2 hours, but it will randomly shut off anywhere in there and unable to restart. He has not noticed any rhyme or reason for this, including weather, outside temperature, operating temperature, etc. I have a hunch it may have something to do with a coolant sensor, but I am curious to know if anyone else has experienced this and has any input?

Thanks!

Old 10-06-2017, 08:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem

Originally Posted by Ruckus WI
Long time reader, first time poster

I am an avid powersports enthusiast, experienced technician of 17 years & I bleed Honda red.

Guy recently dropped off an ATV for me to work on. I have not dug into it yet, but just looking at it is making me cringe a bit. I have a new battery charging for it right now, but thought I would search the web to give me a little insight in the meantime. I am not able to find much information at all for this thing, outside of owners manual. Here's the basic info:

2007 Buyang Panther
Model: FA-D300A
Feishen motor, 300cc liquid cooled 4-stroke

First and foremost...
There is a small resevoir located rear right, under the seat. It is white-ish, like a coolant bottle and doesn't appear to hold more than a half quart. The cap has pictures that indicate filling with premix?!? This does not make any sense to me, being that is is a 4-stroke. There are several lines coming out of it. I haven't looked far enough into it to trace where the lines go yet. Any ideas? Anyone?

Next:
Stated issue is that ATV will shut off randomly, for no apparent reason. Guy says it will start and run, can run for 15 minutes or for 2 hours, but it will randomly shut off anywhere in there and unable to restart. He has not noticed any rhyme or reason for this, including weather, outside temperature, operating temperature, etc. I have a hunch it may have something to do with a coolant sensor, but I am curious to know if anyone else has experienced this and has any input?

Thanks!
Hello, i am having the same problem with a 300 buyang 4x4. Sometimes it jas spark and runs, then just randomly shuts off and wont start back up. Did you ever figure it out?