1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

buyang carb and choke issue..wont start on gas unless

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 07:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buyang carb and choke issue..wont start on gas unless

I just got this thing. I know it will run but only runs on start fluid.

it came with no air filter....no idea who the brainiack was that thought that was a good idea. the exhaust flange wants even on so i am surprised the pipe stayed in the motor...fixed that.

so I placed my hand over the carb and again tried to crank it on gas and I was able to for the first time. did it several times.

so no flilter is a issue and I am sure something is not set correct. problem is I dont know what to adjust. I see the choke **** and it turns but is it doing anthing? I dont know.

I am going to see if I can find something for a filter if not I will order one.

I just dont know where to start once I get it cause although it starts with my hand blocking some of the air I dont expect it to be that simple.

this is a buyang 110cc

Old 03-26-2016, 09:23 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

First make sure the choke is working. Choke ***** are usually a pull or flip type lever not a twist. When you close it the butterfly in the carb will close. You can see it close by looking in the end of the carb or sticking your finger in their. I would also bet the carb needs a cleaning. they are super easy to clean. Just take your time and lay everything out in front of you. Count the # of turns for the adjustment screws so you can put them back at the same setting

Old 03-26-2016, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup, they need some back pressure in order to get the fuel flowing. I would get the stock air filter set up, maybe on ebay. If you go with a Uni, you'll have to play with the jet sizes a little.

Old 03-26-2016, 02:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so i removed the carb and pulled out the bigger jet and cleaned it. smaller jet seems clogged. if you spray from top gas should come out of the smaller holes at the bottom right?

i cant get anything through it. carb was full of dirt cause they were not using any filter.

might have to replace the jets or entire carb. hard to do this without anything more than BAYUNG 110cc as a model to search for parts

Old 03-27-2016, 10:33 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Just soak the carb in cleaner over night. It will take a little work but it will clean up... Iv had them so plugged up i could not even see the passages.