1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Need help asap asap asap

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 03:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need help asap asap asap

I just recently bought a Coolster 150cc atv. It was an experiment. We put it together and sold it. Buyer brought it back next day, saying it won't run or idle. It hits but thats it. We have drained the gas, checked the plug, and oil. We cannot figure out what is wrong with it. Any help is appreciated. I am a college student and really cannot afford to refund this guys money. So pleeeeease help! Again, it is a brand new fourwheeler.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brand new? What about the warranty?

Old 06-21-2016, 09:24 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

it hits? what is that suppose to mean? If its brand new did you drain the oil? They are usually shipped with a bio degradable oil that is no good for running. Did you not run it and brake in the engine before selling? If you are buying these to flip and cannot afford to repair or refund a customers money then do not do it.
Is the plug wet with fuel when you try to start?

Old 06-21-2016, 02:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

there is only an engine warranty on these atvs. And it hits as it its getting fire. Yes I drained the oil, the stuff they ship in them is thinner than vegetable oil. It has brand new Rotella oil 15W-30 in it. The plug is in perfect condition too. Not rich or lean. I am doing this to help pay for college tuition. Around here it is a fast and easy way to make money.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:39 AM
Super Quad Patrol

So you did not run it and brake it in before you sold it to the customer? Is their fuel coming out of the drain in carb? You have checked for spark? I have seen them get a air bubble in the fuel system that they cannot suck through without help..

No offence but the biggest complaint i have seen online about the import machines is "i bought it from this college kid" Most do not have the room to properly set one up and brake it in making sure their are no problems.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Honestly I did not come here for you to just be rude. I came here for advice. I have researched these atvs a lot, and I have never seen that complaint. My family owns a shop and I'm not stupid. Yes I did break it in, yes I have changed the oil and checked for spark. I understand you have to do work to these before putting them for sale, and yes I did and I have put in the time. If you do not have a genuine response to the issue I am having then please do not respond.

Old 06-22-2016, 08:47 PM
Super Quad Patrol

Originally Posted by mal15
Honestly I did not come here for you to just be rude. I came here for advice. I have researched these atvs a lot, and I have never seen that complaint. My family owns a shop and I'm not stupid. Yes I did break it in, yes I have changed the oil and checked for spark. I understand you have to do work to these before putting them for sale, and yes I did and I have put in the time. If you do not have a genuine response to the issue I am having then please do not respond.
For one none of the comments were directed at u. I belong to more forums than just this one and was just relaying what I have seen. Many if you supplied all the information of what u have done or tried we would not have to keep asking questions or giving suggestions. . It helps when we have all the info..