1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Warrior won't start

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 09:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior won't start

I have an 01 warrior I went riding a while back and as I was riding it died I got it started and died about 30 sec later it did this about 10 times and now it won't start at all I cleaned the carb I've got good fire I have about 110psi on compression when I spray starting fluid in carb it won't fire just turns over and over and over no back fire nothing I'm lost any help would be appreciated

Old 12-15-2016, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't spray the SF in the carb...you shoot it down the plug hole...otherwise you'd never know if you had a clogged jet in the carb.

Try the SF again down the plug hole. If it starts then it's carb related...

Did you ever check your plug after all that engine cranking? Was it wet or dry?

Old 12-15-2016, 04:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

I sprayed in carb and down plug hole no fire and the plug is dry no matter how long I crank

Old 12-15-2016, 04:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

I found 3 cuts in my intake manifold I ordered a new one it should be here Friday I'm sure it dosent help the case but it can't be the whole problem could it especially when it won't start spraying sf in the plug hole?

Old 12-16-2016, 03:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

Check if the piston is at TDC (by looking down the plug hole) when the flywheel says it is. A sheared flywheel key would put ignition timing off.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

I was going to suggest timing next, but merryman beat me to it. I'm still curious about the plug being dry even after continuous cranking however...

So to summarize, you have confirmed spark & compression, but when you shoot a healthy amount of SF in the plug hole it doesn't fire...correct?

If timing is good I'd also look at the valves and ensure they are to spec and not stuck close...

Because you're getting a dry plug after cranking and you cleaned the carb I'd be curious how strong your engine pulse is...you should feel a pretty good pull when you put your hand over the carb intake and crank the motor...

Old 12-17-2016, 02:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

I will check the timing next time I get a chance I have good compression and strong pull over intake and when I spray sf it still won't start no matter how much or where and yes plug is bone dry no matter what

Old 12-19-2016, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

So...you're saying if you spray SF directly down the plug hole (3-4 seconds worth), insert plug and then pull plug out it will be bone dry?? If that's the case it's time for a leak-down test...

The fact that your plug is bone dry after all that cranking is definitely pointing to a fuel delivery issue...

If your rings can't hold the fuel in the cylinder then that's another issue as well...

Old 06-13-2017, 04:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default My 2001 just clicks

i have a brand new cylinoid and it still clicks (clicks from cylonid" could it be my starter I've gave up it's got me

Old 06-16-2017, 06:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

Here we go again, assuming the engine isn't seized:-

I always check the starter circuit with a fairly high wattage test lamp, one lead to earth t'other to starter live post, switch on, press start button, if the lamp lights but the starter doesn't spin, faulty starter. If the lamp doesn't light but the solenoid clicked, faulty solenoid. If the solenoid doesn't click, check if power is getting to it by connecting the test lamp between the thin wires and pressing the start button. If the lamp lights, faulty solenoid, if it doesn't, things get complicated as it can be the lock-outs or starter button, or the wiring.