1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Coolster 150cc no spark DC volts

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 07:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolster 150cc no spark DC volts

I need a diagram of my cdi so I can remove my kill switch wire to see if I can get fire. I have a six pin connector but only five is used . On the four pin side I have red\black and yellow\black on top and two greens on bottom. On the two pin side I have one black wire . Help please. I also have a problem with my push button start it doesn't work anymore. I let it sit up for two weeks and nothing works anymore when it was working just fine I have checked for blown fuse links and all of my connectors I have pulled apart and cleaned and checked throughly. Am I missing something ?

Old 01-06-2017, 07:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Flat battery? If you are sure it is OK you just have to go through the system, checking live power is getting through all the switches and fuses it is supposed to, a quick Google brought up this 6 Best Images of Coolster ATV Wiring Diagram - 50Cc ATV Wiring Diagram, Coolster 150Cc ATV Wiring Diagram and Kazuma 50Cc ATV Wiring Diagram / gridgit.com second diagram down, the wiring colours are not the same, but that is the wonderful world of Chinese wiring.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default thanks that helped a little.

No I don't have a flat battery. I know my gear shift switch is good cause I get a dummy light when I have it in neutral. Any ideas on what the ohm readings on coil and cdi box are that would be helpful also

Old 01-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

I don't set much store with ohm readings on components. Far better to check that wires that should be earthed are, those that shouldn't are not, and that there isn't any resistance in the wires from magneto and ignition coil to CDI.

Old 01-14-2017, 11:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well that was fun lol I pushed together all connectors and put electrical tape on them for vibration reasons cause these dam things have some crap connectors js. But I did get it to run and it ran pretty good no knock and a smooth idle. I have a problem though at first it ran good down the road and then all of a sudden it acted like it was getting no gas. So I try to crank it again and it fires right up but dies after about a min. ????? So I tried to loosen the choke adjustment on the right side handle bars and the nut and screw just fell out. What is the sequence to putting that back in correctly. My guess is to turn it until it stops and then back out a turn or two is the right or not ?

Old 10-08-2018, 07:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default I have the same problem...it starts, will idle but after a few min dies

Did you figure out what was wrong? I have the same problem...it ran great, I parked it and the next ride a day later it fires up, will idle ok but dies as soo as I give it any throttle.

Originally Posted by Jason Dueitt
Well that was fun lol I pushed together all connectors and put electrical tape on them for vibration reasons cause these dam things have some crap connectors js. But I did get it to run and it ran pretty good no knock and a smooth idle. I have a problem though at first it ran good down the road and then all of a sudden it acted like it was getting no gas. So I try to crank it again and it fires right up but dies after about a min. ????? So I tried to loosen the choke adjustment on the right side handle bars and the nut and screw just fell out. What is the sequence to putting that back in correctly. My guess is to turn it until it stops and then back out a turn or two is the right or not ?