1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

That green wire!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 09:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That green wire!

So I put a new motor on my 110cc quad. I hooked everything up. And it just cranks. But i Noticed a green wire the is coming from the ground and looks like it goes back into the motor, Is getting so hot its melting the plastic. The Quad will not start although a couple of times it wanted to kick over but just wouldn't. I checked for spark and it does have it. I put a new carb on. So i cannot figure out the problem other then some sort of wiring issue. The new motor came with 2 wires coming from motor instead of the old one which just had 1. My cdi fits on the cord and it is green so im thinking its for the cdi. But my wire harness also has a cdi connection the i used with the old motor. Anyhow i tried my cdi with both and still nothing. Also My kill switch on the handle bar will let it crank with it turned on or off. So maybe there is a continuous loop in electric where it should be grounded somewhere. Or maybe is cause i keep trying to crank it with a small jump box and to much power is causeing it to melt? But why isn't it starting? Im lost and have tried everything and need any suggestions!

Old 06-11-2018, 02:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Greens are often earths in Honda clone land, so have you re-fitted the main earths from battery to engine, to frame, properly? If not, all the power for the starter will be fizzing through that thin earth meant for the alternator.