1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Kazuma Falcon 110

Old 02-19-2019, 05:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma Falcon 110

Years back purchased a Kazuma Falcon110 atv for my two oldest grandchildren from my bother in law. It ran well and the kids rode it a bit but gravitated to the honda atv. It set parked for a few years. I have two other younger grandchildren and decided to get it running for them. Bought new battery, installed and tried to turn the engine over-nothing. I have been researching and see many comments about safety switches. I do not see any on this atv. There is no brake light on this atv. The shift indicator works and it is 1-5. I believe 2 is neutral which means 1 is reverse. I shorted out the sednoid and the engine turns over. In process of cleaning carb and other items. Keyed switch has three positions: off-run-and I believe lights. When in run, the horn works and the gear indicator does also--nothing else. Checked fuse at battery-ok. Is 2 on gear indicator neutral? Is there a safety switch that is not clearly visible? Suggestions? Been scratching my head. Thanks

Old 02-20-2019, 02:33 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

I don't know the Falcon, but the bike should be difficult to shove when not in neutral so pushing it should enable you to find neutral. Although it doesn't have brake lights, it could have a brake operated lock-out for the start button, so once in neutral, put the bake on and see if the start button works. If all else fails, short across the solenoid and see if the starter then turns.

Old 02-20-2019, 05:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the reply. I had tried your suggestions which leads me to believe that 2 on the gear indicator is neutral. Tried locking down the rear foot petal and nothing. Did short out the two terminals on the solenoid and the starter does spin. It sure does seem that there is a safety device somewhere--just can't find it. I do have the front brakes disconnected since I removed the handle bars. May have to really study these. Looking for suggestions. Thanks again.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

Update. Jumped on it again this morning and checked for safety switches--didn't find any and don't believe there are any (such as applying brake). Decided to check starter button and behold--there was the problem. The spring in the switch which completes contact was rusted--took switch apart and cleans and sanded all contact points and it works like a champ. Next I will sand and wire brush and repaint rusted areas then put "cleaned" carb back on and try to fire it up.