2) Chassis problems.. If your quad runs but you have other problems.. post in here.

Kasea 90 Electrical Issues

Old 11-30-2016, 07:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kasea 90 Electrical Issues

Hi all, got a 2001 Kasea 90 Skyhawk with some electrical issues. What I could really use here is a detailed wiring schematic for this quad. I found a couple of generic ones on the web but missing some key information for my issues.

First problem:

The motor will not turn over. I replaced the starter and start solenoid and still the motor will not turn over. I can jump the start solenoid and get the quad started just can't do it with the start button. Stuff I have checked:

1) ON/OFF switch and Start button making contact and working.
2) Brake safety switch from handlebar lever making contact and working.

Second problem:

After getting the quad started and letting my son ride it I noticed the battery will eventually run out of juice. So the battery is not being charged. The a/c circuit of the stator must be working because the headlights work fine and go bright with higher rpm's. I am assuming the rectifier/regulator is possibly the culprit. Thoughts?

I have not really done any troubleshooting here since I have no data to check circuits with. The fuse is still good.

I can't help but wonder if the start/charge problem are related but possible I have two separate issues here. Just ironic it all happened at the same time, thoughts?

Again, if anyone has a detailed wiring schematic available that will help my cause a bunch. Thanks for reading. Todd

Old 12-01-2016, 03:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

It is possible that the wire between the battery and regulator may be broken, or a bad connection. This wire also goes to the ignition switch so, no power to start button, but once you get it started by shorting the solenoid, power from the regulator makes everything work, except it doesn't charge the battery. The main fuse is often in this wire so check that is live. Had a Honda 250 with exactly this fault on Tuesday.

Old 12-03-2016, 12:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at the schematic I have it looks like the regulator has got power to it anytime the battery is connected. That wire also supplies the ignition switch which might be why the g/w wire supplying the brake switch might not have power to supply the solenoid.

I will give that a try. The quad is in another state so probably early next year I will be able to do some troubleshooting with it. Thx merryman