2) Chassis problems.. If your quad runs but you have other problems.. post in here.

New ATV. Rear Axle Spindle threads bent - what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 09:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ATV. Rear Axle Spindle threads bent - what do you think?

Hello,

I received this Vitacci Pentora 250 yesterday in the mail. The family waited 5.5 months for this unit to ship and I did not see any noticeable shipping damage when I picked the pallet up. However, after I removed the carton, cage, and plastic covering the ATV I noticed this lovely issue.

Would you try to cut the starter threads and get the nut on? I was thinking about splitting a NUT in 2 then backing it out from the spindle. I really don't want to go through any crap with the seller or supplier etc. I did alert them though, incase I can get a part with it 12 month warranty, plus I don't want to void warranty by messing it up more or attempting to fix it. I don't know what to do.

Thanks for looking at my post.

Old 09-25-2021, 02:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 329 Likes on 320 Posts

Contact the supplier showing them the pictures, and see if they will send a new axle. If they will, you are OK. Also check if they want the old one back. If they don't want the old one or won't play ball, then the split nut and wind off method may work. A metric thread file could also help. Those damaged threads are not that important, as the castle nut holds further down, so you could file away most of the first six threads without loosing much strength. Honda axles are made like this.

Don't just cut the end off though, as the hole for the split pin is needed.

Old Yesterday, 06:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fix

Try heating it up and then screw it up