3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Kazuma RFX-150 from RacewayATV - Review

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 05:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma RFX-150 from RacewayATV - Review

We bought 2 Kazuma RFX-150's from John/Mark at Raceway (1 Red, 1 Blue). I have a couple of questions, then our review:

1 - How can I easily adjust the "adjustable" shocks? I was able to get the rear shock adjusted on one unit, but it was a real pain! How about the front shocks? Do I have to remove them from the quad?

2 - Spark arrestor - a lot of our riding will be in DNR or Forest Service land, and requires a USFS approved spark arrestor. I've been looking at the Cobra Sparky 2 1/2 inch universal slip on piece.
Cobra Sparky Slip On
Has anyone ever used them?

Review:
John and Mark at Raceway were very helpful, and answered every question that we had about the quads. Our order got caught up in the Christmas rush, but even that only added a few days to the delivery date.

Assembly only took about 90 minutes per quad, that included changing out the "fish oil", and adjusting the chains (wow - they were WAY TOO TIGHT!).

Both quads started on the third hit, and ran great in limited runs up and down our street.

Overall, these quads are perfect for what we want to do - family trail riding, and weekend fun. They are big enough to haul me around (5' 10", 195) without any trouble. I was worried they would be too small or way underpowered, but that is not the case.

We never would have been able to afford a "name brand" quad, let alone two of them. The Kazuma's look great, and so far run great too.

We've had tons of positive comments on the quads, and have told everyone to check out RacewayATV when they are ready to buy!

Old 12-22-2004, 08:04 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: SPLASHNCRASH

2 - Spark arrestor - a lot of our riding will be in DNR or Forest Service land, and requires a USFS approved spark arrestor. I've been looking at the Cobra Sparky 2 1/2 inch universal slip on piece.
Cobra Sparky Slip On
Has anyone ever used them?
!
I have been using them for about 20 yrs on 2 strokes. Zero hp loss when clean, they do clog in about 15-20 hrs on a 250 2-stroke.Quicker on my 500. I clean them with a oxy/acetelene torch and a air gun. Not sure what they will do on a 4 stroke, probubly take way longer to clog.

Old 12-30-2004, 02:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the input MWQ!

I'll need to get the Sparky's on order soon!

I'll let you know how everything goes!

Old 12-30-2004, 01:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

hi, im 12 yrs old and just got my first quad for christmas(2 of my friends also got the same ones)! it is a redcat fx-150/kazuma rfx-150. i have ridden it in the woods behind my house every day since christmas. i have not had a single problem with it except for the plastic body. mine is still fine but both of my friends bodies have been broken. 1 of my friends has gotten his fender broken off because a vine got caught between the fender and the seat and he dident know this untill pop! the vine pulled the fender off. my other friend crashed into a tree going at about 15-20 miles an hour and it cracked the whole front plastic! i love these quads and i think their good for the price but the body is very cheap and thin so be carefull around trees and vines!