3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

taotao.....good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 07:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the ppl sayn their junk. Maybe you got a bad one or dog it out somehow but we've had 2 of them for 7yrs now and I've done nothin but change the oil and put gas in them. I read that the key to keeping them running is change the oil to good oil and change the spark plug to a good one prior to use. I did that and have never ever done anything but put gas in them. My kids drive the hec outa them too. I've recently got a 150dx2 coolster and that machine is awesome. I have a Honda 400 and it is bigger and hangs right with it. Couldn't be happier with them

Old 09-12-2015, 11:54 AM
Range Rover
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 8 year old Taotao ATA250D had a few problems when I got it used that resulted directly from poor assembly. The previous owner most likely had it drop shipped in the factory crate and assembled it himself. Once those minor problems were sorted out it's been very reliable.

If these Chinese units were assembled properly by an experienced mechanic or knowledgeable novice they would be very reliable. Simple things like checking all the fasterners for tightness and lubing the cables can make a huge difference.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

3 months now we've had 2 taotao110 boulder atvs ,attached, riddin no joke every day by adults, kids,etc. I'm waiting for one of them to give me a hick up. The craziest thing to me is how well they crank up cold, hit the start button, no choke, no throttle and they idle perfectly, both of them so it can't be a fluke.

I'm still waiting on bolts and nuts to loosen up like many people say happens, but I can't find any. Adjust chain and change oil is the only thing I've done so far.

Question for you guys with bigger bikes......

---people with larger taos like 150 and up say they have problems with them more so than the 110s. Why are the larger bikes having more issues than the little 110s?

---many people recommend changing the spark plug....what brand,number, plug is replaceable for these 110s?

Spiderman batman

Old 11-03-2015, 01:49 PM
Banned

Taotao is the easiest Off brand units to find parts and upgrades for. They have been around for years too!

Old 06-02-2016, 05:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

has anyone noted my opening comments about my 110 cc Taotao atv?

Old 09-14-2016, 03:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

You're better off buying a no-named brand 125cc atv. The money you save by buying one of these is far better than spending $3-4k on something you're going to grow out of.

https://www.belmontebikes.com/collections/atv

Just maintain it like a regular atv and you'll have no problems. You can get the little 50cc atv for $550 shipped or 125cc atv for about $1k.

Old 04-22-2017, 10:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

Like other people have said, the ATVs by TaoTao are generally cheap and they're made with Chinese parts. You get what you pay for. But it depends on which one you get. There are TaoTao ATV reviews that rank the best ATVs. If you really want one by TaoTao you can look at them in detail and read reviews of them. Amazon is another good place to read customer reviews. Also, keep in mind there are other brands.