3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Coolster Has Spark and Fuel, Cant Figure It Out!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolster Has Spark and Fuel, Cant Figure It Out!

My boss dropped off this coolster 3050b and im ready to blow it up. It had no carb, ignition, air filter, spark plug etc. I went to their website and purchased a carb (pz20), spark plug (sp2), fuel filter, ignition/key. Installed it all, fresh oil, 93 gas and nothing. The filter flow is right way, all connections, gas lines, seem fine. Feels like compressions there, and gets spark. When bottom carb screw is opened gas comes out so bowl must be full. The fuel screw came about 1 3/4 turns open so everything seems fine. Unplugged the alarm from under the seat. It doesnt even sound like it wants to fire even with ether. It backfires maybe once every 20-30 seconds. I tested cdi plug with multi.
ac resist - 370 ohms
timing trig resist - 120 ohms
acv ignition - 60v
timing trig - .1
replaced cdi with replica (ebay 1/3 price, hate to be cheap but hey) , still nothing. Valves? Timing?

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP, THANKS

Also theres a thumb lever on left handlebar, it has an R and S on each side. Doesnt have anything in manual and cant find where it could hook up, maybe choke control on old carb? Thanks

Old 05-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Trailblazer

the switch with the R and S i would assume to be the kill switch. R = run S = stop.. It will have to be in the R possiton to start and run
and the S possition when you want to turn it off.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

i am currently haveing the exact same problem with a loncin 70cc 22E it has lots of fire and kicks and kicks but wont start didnt help me but i suggest u try and adjust the timeing and valves...

Old 05-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

its not the kill switch thats there too, this in under like the throttle and rotates about 180 degrees. cant find anywhere this cable can connect to.
ill check the valves, anyone by any chance know what specs are...and how would i check the timing, im assuming cam timing is correct

Old 05-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...ning-rich.html

check with mywifesquad before you adjust these to verify the gaps for your valves. this was one of the threads i found that may help. but please check with the experts that have the shop manuals to verify. that way it won't destroy your engine.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaster94
http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...ning-rich.html

check with mywifesquad before you adjust these to verify the gaps for your valves. this was one of the threads i found that may help. but please check with the experts that have the shop manuals to verify. that way it won't destroy your engine.
Kiethert posted a really good link for a E22 style engine service manual just a couple days ago:

http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...-sprocket.html

The 50cc manual is basically the same as the 110cc. Valve adjusment is covered in it. They claim 0.002" cold (exhaust and intake). If it were me I'd lean toward setting the valves a little loose (like 0.004") until the engine is running. Engines with loose valves start and run (but perhaps a bit noisy). Engines with tight valves won't start.

That same link above shows how to check the valve timing (courtesy Ram50).

You have spark, so you can probably ignore electrical problems unless the CDI is self triggering. But you already changed that.

Compression check is next.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

Check my post below. I had many of the same problems as you. I had spark, but it apparently wasn't sparking under compression. It turned out to be a bad stator. It wasn't very expensive and a new one has it running fine.
Tom

Old 05-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

will replace the stator first since its so inexpensive. Then ill go ahead and check the compression then valves and let yall know what the case is.
on the coolster website they dont offer a stator, im assuming this is it?? Maxtrade: coolster.com : ALTERNATOR SUPERIORITY EFECT ELECTRICAL ACTUATOR 110CC (ALT-3) ( [LPJ-BC07] - $34.00

Old 05-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

looks like it. i did see where the 3050B was listed as a fit.......

Old 05-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dx787
will replace the stator first since its so inexpensive. Then ill go ahead and check the compression then valves and let yall know what the case is.
on the coolster website they dont offer a stator, im assuming this is it?? Maxtrade: coolster.com : ALTERNATOR SUPERIORITY EFECT ELECTRICAL ACTUATOR 110CC (ALT-3) ( [LPJ-BC07] - $34.00
I would not go this route. You had measured a strong CDI power voltage, and since you have spark the trigger voltage is sufficient to make the CDI fire. That's all the stator can do. If you are sure about the 60 volts AC then I would put all the other things first.

To repeat, you have ample power to the CDI (which you should double check to see if that is still true), you have a trigger, and the CDI is making spark (so it is getting triggered). The stator's contribution to this is the power voltage, and trigger. Those are working.

Besides, the other stuff can be done without buying anything. Well, you might need to buy a compression tester if you don't have one .

Quick Reply: Coolster Has Spark and Fuel, Cant Figure It Out!