3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Identify chinese quad and parts help

Old 02-07-2015, 03:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Identify chinese quad and parts help

Greetings and salutations.

Just brought home this small chinese quad as a project for my boy and I.

PO said it was 110cc. That is all I have been told about it.

Identify chinese quad and parts help-vhvmae4.jpg

Identify chinese quad and parts help-nagp0h8.jpg

Identify chinese quad and parts help-bajd259.jpg

Obviously the wiring has been ransacked. That's not a concern to me, my background is in wiring and electrical. What I do need is to identify the quad and order a few parts.

1.) The CDI needs replaced. It is a five wire (assuming that means AC) however, there is no plug on it, just five wires coming out.

Identify chinese quad and parts help-acesy30.jpg

Wiring to this is: black/white - kill switch; white/red - trigger; black/red - AC; Black - ground; not sure the final color (yellow?) but it goes to the coil.

All the CDI's I find online have a plug instead of pigtails. I'd rather not rig up some connectors. The only CDI I've seen with pigtails is at motopartsmax there is a performance CDI with a plug that I could cut off and install bullet connectors on the pigtails.

EDIT: This may be a 50cc quad as I find similar CDIs on Amazon. Any confirmation before I order something?

2.) The starter is shot. It has a 10 tooth gear on it and doesn't look similar to ones I'm seeing online.

Identify chinese quad and parts help-khzyhnr.jpg

I would imagine that once I identify the quad and/or the motor, I can readily find the proper parts.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-07-2015, 05:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I've been researching for hours.

This is a Jog 50 or Minarelli. Is there a difference or are those names interchangeable?

I ordered the following (hope they work):

Amazon.com: Ignition Coil: Automotive Amazon.com: Ignition Coil: Automotive

Amazon.com: 2 STROKE RACE CDI IGNITION JOG Minarelli 1E40QMB CD10: Automotive Amazon.com: 2 STROKE RACE CDI IGNITION JOG Minarelli 1E40QMB CD10: Automotive

Hopefully with this I can get spark and from there it should be simple to get this running.

Next: Oil injection. Would prefer to rip this all off. Can I just remove the tank, plug the line, and mix my own gas?

Old 02-08-2015, 02:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

That looks like the old two stroke scooter engine which was used on Chinese imports up to about 2008. It came in various sizes. I think the 1E40QMB reference will be the engine code which should be stamped or cast on it somewhere. Apache and Polaris used it, so an Apache wiring diagram may help. I have a feeling 50cc versions had a vertical cylinder so I suspect yours may be bigger.