3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

Tao 125 brake assembly question

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 08:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tao 125 brake assembly question

Hi everyone -

I have a Tao 125, and I'm trying to replace the brake assembly. I ordered one off of eBay, but the brake fluid connection to the new assembly didn't match up-- the brake fluid line has a set screw and is inserted into the brake assembly unit. This new one from eBay had a clear plastic window covering the hole and no way to screw it into the unit.

I then went to Eagle ATV parts, which I think is an authorized Tao USA parts supplier (?), and it looks like the picture of their brake assembly also has the same clear plastic over the connection for the brake line.

Am I doing something wrong here? I must be missing something.

Thank you!
Shane

Old 05-25-2017, 09:18 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

post up a pic for the life of me i can't picture what your talking about.

Old 05-26-2017, 03:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sure - here are pics.

This first one is the replacement brake assembly -- you can see where the brake fluid line attaches-- no place to secure it.

This is a close-up of the current assmebly - you can see the set screw that secures the brake line into the assembly.

This is a zoomed out view-- side profile of brake line + screw going into the assembly.

Old 05-26-2017, 03:47 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

To me it looks like the port is on the top right beside the outlet for rear brake Assembly.

Old 05-27-2017, 10:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

Existing cylinder has a remote reservoir for fluid. The new one has a window to show how much fluid is in it so I guess the reservoir is built in. There will be a filler cap somewhere to pour fluid in. You may be able to attach your remote reservoir to this, but I suspect the cylinder assembly will hold all it requires, when full.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

this new unit you have is all in one. the reservoir cap is where the two allen screws are. and yes that is a sight glass.