3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

chinese engines

Old 02-11-2019, 02:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default chinese engines

So I have a few Chinese brand engines laying around. I did some measuring and have decided that it appears the cases are the same dimension between the 50cc, 70cc, and 110cc (Head bolt pattern, case width, etc.) I am assuming that the only real difference between any of them is the bore and stroke. So I was thinking of trying to take the crank, connecting rod, piston, jug, and head from a 110cc and putting them into a 70cc that has a 4 speed trans. Has anyone here attempted anything like this or know if there are any other differences in the internals that I am unaware of? I have a 70cc dirt bike that I want to turn into a 110cc but I don't have a 110cc with a trans that would work in a dirt bike, mainly cause I don't want reverse on it. I am not afraid of tearing these engines apart and reassembling them in a Frankenstein fashion.

Old 02-12-2019, 02:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Be careful, they may look the same, but often have slight differences. I needed a starter motor for one a while back and noticed those sold for 70s were different to those for 110s. On examination of the on-line sellers dimensions, the hole centres for mounting bolts were different.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks! Yeah I figured there might be a few subtle differences but the cases seem to have the same bolt pattern. I should probably take pictures and video for documentation purposes.