Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Go Carts - Twisters? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Go Carts - Twisters? HELP

Help me decide what to do for Christmas -

I want to buy a gift for my husband. He likes speed and off roading and has been interested in some carts for a while. A few months back - he saw a "twister" in the back of some guy's truck, had a long conversation, and thinks that he really likes the cart.

I've read some mixed reviews about performance and mechanics. So - here are my two questions:

If you bought a Twister - what make/model would it be and/or

If you could buy any type of off-road cart, what would it be - Up to 6K?

Old 09-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Baja Dune 150 from Pepboys. Out of the box it's not the greatest for power and suspension. Most of the 150cc models are under powered and the suspension is way too stiff. I have spent about $1500 over what I originally paid for the buggy on modifications. Now, it will spin the tires from a dead stop and the ride is amazing.

The Twister brand of buggies are very good quality as far as these buggies go. If you are looking for something that you won't need to do much to, get a 250cc model. They have more power and better suited for adults. I believe they run around $4000.

The best buggy might be the GTR250 Interceptor from Carter if they ever release it. I believe it is retailing for $4300 and will be out in late October. Here's the website:

http://www.carterbro.com/

Stay away from Roketa and SunL buggies. Thier customer service and parts availability is the worst in the industry.

If you want to learn more about these buggies, goto www.buggynews.com

Old 09-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

AuditBug, first, your husband is going to flip out for Christmas this year! My wife totally went behind my back and bought my current quad, and I couldn't have been happier[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] You said he likes speed, and up to 6K is a pretty big budget. Most of the carts that are out aren't real fast. The 150's are going to be doggy in comparison to a quad or dirtbike no matter what has been done to them. The 250's are definately better but still no speed demons. There are some 7 to 800cc machines out, but I haven't heard much about them. What kind of terrain will your husband be using this on? Do you have an area near your house, or will he have to take it somewhere to play? That Carter Interceptor looks like it would be pretty cool. To be honest though, for that kind of money I would want a quad. At $4300.00, you could just about get a leftover Honda 400EX that would be lighter, faster, and capable of jumping[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] That is just me though.
My wife had it easy buying for me, I had already told her the make, model, color, and when I was going to buy it. She just beat me to the punch! Maybe feel your husband out a bit more, or get one of his buddies to ask him about it. I truely wish you luck shopping.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:15 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want this one.