CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

marky nark gone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default marky nark gone?

read my pm this am about links to non paid sites, bla,bla, checked over at extreme site and found a message from mark that he will no longer be in this forum because they want him to pay vender fee for his links. the message from the magazine makes its point i guess, i just did'nt realize how much this stuff can be controlled by the man!! but serious i'm in the retail biz i understand having rules it's just to bad we have loose anyone because of it. is there any middle ground? (marky nark knows his sh*t about quads)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2002, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default marky nark gone?

Jeff,

MarkyNark slipped through the cracks and received free advertising for over a year. When we caught it and stopped it he was naturally frustrated. Anyone would be. It's a bit like someone pirating cable TV who one day loses all their free stations when the cable company finds out about it. Nobody is going to be happy when a good "free" thing goes away. MarkyNark didn't realize there was a problem until we contacted him. He wasn't trying to scam the system. MarkyNark is a good guy and we like having him here.

He and I talked and we worked something out. He isn't going anywhere. The post you read was probably one he wrote that first evening before he and I worked something out.

We don't want to lose any members. Everyone has something worthwhile to contribute here and that's what makes these forums the best forums on the Internet! At the same time, we have rules that are provided in an email when you register and that are listed in the FAQ section. If a forum participant broke the "no swearing" rule and was cussing up a storm and personally attacking other forum participants you can bet that members here would be screaming to have that person banned. The rules serve a good purpose and we attempt to enforce them equally for all. The no advertising rule is unpopular with people who come here to sell products. That's because this forum is the biggest and best place to try and sell things. We have established "Preferred Vendors" so that authorized people can conduct business. If MarkyNark or anyone else wants to sell things here they can become a "Preferred Vendor". If someone is looking for free advertising this is the wrong place because it won't happen.

If you were to poll the 26,000+ forum members and ask them how they would feel if we permitted the free advertising and two months later these forums were gone for good as a result, I'd wager most of them would prefer we don't allow free advertising and that these forums would be here for them to enjoy forever.

We're looking out for the best intersts of the people who enjoy these forums and we do the best we can.