CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Good Service - What does it really take?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007 | 06:57 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Good Service - What does it really take?

Well, it's been a long time since marky nark had a vent session, so I'll try and be objective. I guess this applies to anybody in the motorsports industry.

My truck was recalled a few months ago and I was told I had to get it to a dealer right away. So, I call around and find th local Ford Dealer and talk to them about my recal. I also wanted to have something checked out as my check engine light was going on after about 10 minutes of driving. Before I schedule the appointment, I tell them that I am single, and have no way to get around after I drop it off. They say they have a courtesy shuttle that can take me back home - we talked about where I lived and they said it would be no problem.

Today, I take the truck in, and the courtesy shuttle takes me home. I wait at home for a phone call to figure out whats wrong with my truck. 6 hour later, they call and say the truck is ready and would only cost $80. Cool! I then ask when the shuttle can pick me up. "Oh, our shuttle only goes one way." [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I mention that I dont have a way to pick it up. They say that they cant help me with that. I ask if they can work with me, maybe I can drive my other car down, they can take the truck and follow me back home (3 miles away) and I would take that person home or back to the dealership. To which they robotically reply "sorry, our shuttle only goes one way".

Is this Ford's better idea? A one-way shuttle? LOL

So, I call the corporate office in Salt Lake City, and get the run around. I decide to take a taxi down (cost me $12 for 3 miles) and pick up my truck I get the lecture from the Service Manager how everyone is never where they need to be when they are picked up. I listen and dont say a word for nearly 10 minutes. Then when its my turn, I simply say .... I've never heard of a one way shuttle, besides, I wouldnt have had it done here in the first place had I known you couldnt pick me up. The service manager then tells me that he has a solution .... I need to ge married! To which I responded with a middle finger.

There was no yelling or anything like that - just me talking to an idiot. Ford's better idea ... LOL

So, they agree to take off $12 from my bill, but then they increase the bill by $12 to compensate.!!! Egads! PLEASE!!!! LOL

I pay it, and write this for fair compensation! Thank you Ford! You made my day!

Old 10-04-2007 | 07:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I have the same I presume recall for both of our trucks and have yet to take them in. I sure hope they don't burn to the ground that is what they say could happen. Worst case scenario. If I took both of my trucks in together we would have the same issue. Of course I could borrow my dad's truck. But still not convenient.

Sorry Marky. Dealers no matter what brand suck sometimes.

Old 10-04-2007 | 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

Always love that one.... Sure thing we will take you home, but when it comes down to it later you are stuck there and we have your truck. You do not find good and helpful people much these days. Most companies feel they have grown beyond the need for good CS. Our local Les Schuwab has learned that the hard way. We have 5 different accounts with them. They already lost another 1 of them to a store 20 miles away because they ticked my brother off. Then yesterday, the new assistant manager nearly lost his job after getting to within about 2 seconds of losing the rest of them. When the Manager found out he nearly lost the rest (he has been begging my brother to bring his back) He was furious. The sad part is, he was only willing to give good CS is because we have large accounts. If it were just a small account, he still would not have cared......

Sorry bud, not many care anymore.....

Old 10-04-2007 | 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

I would say 90% of my experiences with dealership service departments have been bad, and I have dealt with Ford, Chevy, Nissan & Jeep. What I hate is how they have zero regard for how much of the customer's time they waste. I wait to drop off my truck, I wait for their shuttle (or for my wife to get my two kids dressed to come and pick me up) to take me to work, I wait for a service writer to explain what they did, I wait at the cashier, and then I wait for them to bring my truck from the back. By the time I am ready to leave, I am generally close to going postal. Most of the time, all of this waiting is a big waste of time because, no matter what problem I bring my truck in for, they are "unable to duplicate." Very frustrating.

Old 10-04-2007 | 08:59 PM
|
Pro Rider

Thanks guys. If anything, it reminds me of what not to do. As I am in customer service - it will help me to put myself in the customer shoe's - more often.

Seth,

They were recalled because of the Cruise Control. The power to the CC unit (which sits right infront of the master cylinder) is always hot and has power to it. Apparently, because its always hot, and right there next to a leaky master cylinder, the chance of fire is apparently a problem. The solution that Ford came up with .... unplug power to the unit. This reduces the chance of fire. It also disengages the cruise control. How do you like that for a recall fix???

Marky

Old 10-04-2007 | 10:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Well I guess that settles that, I won't be takin either truck in for that recall, why have cruise control if they are gonna unplug it and make it not work. That's just stupid if you ask me.

Old 10-05-2007 | 12:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Buying a g-string at Victoria Sectret for a mistress=$48

Getting Furious at ford over a $12 cab fair=priceless

Hey Marky you didnt know there shuttles only go one way?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Just butin chops man! You should have told the guy that advised you to get married that you and his wife were working on it.lol

Old 10-05-2007 | 12:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have a Dodge, which means I only have to see the dealer every 10 years when it is time to get a new truck! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear that Mark. But you did the right thing.....lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-05-2007 | 12:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER

Buying a g-string at Victoria Sectret for a mistress=$48

Getting Furious at ford over a $12 cab fair=priceless

Hey Marky you didnt know there shuttles only go one way?[img][/img]

Just butin chops man! You should have told the guy that advised you to get married that you and his wife were working on it.lol</end quote></div>

LMAO!!!

Old 10-05-2007 | 12:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

You should get married!

Well........I was dating your wife for a while there but ended up being too good for her [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

LMAO! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Good Service - What does it really take?