CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I just jetted mine.. And it works?? this scares me!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2002, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just jetted mine.. And it works?? this scares me!

Ok,
I just put in the new carb, its a stock carb cuz mine broke. I put in the Dyno jet 190 and needle is on 3 with all washers below it. I did NOT adjust my A/F screw. I put on the new FMF power core 4. I did this ALL at once.. I started it up. Adjusted my idle to 1500 on my tach. Reved it up, it SHOT right up to rev limitor. I reved it up and down quick, I hit the throtal several times in a second at different rpms and it never missed or popped. So I got on and went for a spin. I only got it to 3rd and WOW the power is HUGE comaird to before.. But any ways, I did not notice any bogging or such.. WHY DOES IT WORK? I must be missing something cuz my stuff never works the first time!! Please fill me in on WHAT to look for now that is jetted. How do I know if I am rich or lean? my guess is the plugs, but I heard since we have 2 plugs it makes it hard to judge.. Please help as I feel I have missed something.

Old 11-27-2002, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like everything is perfect.

Is it running Hot\Cool?

Old 11-27-2002, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

Not really sure.. I dont have a temp guage..

Old 11-28-2002, 03:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have become pretty comfortable with seat-of-the-pants jetting.

If while riding your fan comes on and stays on after stopping for a while, jet up.

If the above isn't occuring and while duning it seems to bog a little while going up a small hill or under a little bit of a load, jet down.

It sounds like your jetting is good. Try to find a long steep hill you can go up an down a few times very fast then stop at the top and see what the fan does. If you are not bogging I wouldn't jet down.

I am probably only tuning to a wide range with the seat-of-the-pants method but, as long as you are a little rich, you won't have to worry about getting too hot.

Glad to hear your mods worked out for you. Is your K&N a direct mount?

Old 11-28-2002, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider

I know I'm not only one that saw the humor here....ROTFLMAO!!!

Mudstud...there's no replacement for...good CARMA?![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-28-2002, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks much..
Its almost winter here and the trails are closed. I can only play in the 3 acres I have so its hard to REALLY tell. I should get a temp guage for xmas so I can more closely see the temp.

Old 11-28-2002, 12:48 PM
Range Rover

Mudstud..Sounds as though you work on the same principle as I do. Everybody calls me WWW for wrong- way -wilken. Usually when I tell somebody how to..It's because I have done it every wrong way there is to do it first and the only thing left is the RIGHT way. Sometimes this takes quite a while. Even people like us have to have a little luck sometimes. By the way..If you want to ride, the trails are open until the first of March at Hatfield. That is the Clark County trails. The Jackson county trails are closed now until Dec. I think. Hatfield is half in Clark Co. and the other half is in Jackson Co. Ask anyone in town and the will direct you. Hatfield is about 8 miles north of Black River Falls. That's not to far south for you to go if you want to ride. Pretty nice trails. Now is the time to go before the snow and snowmobiles. Luck.. Dean