Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Kimpex Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2000, 12:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you insist to persist Stevie Wonder, here is what it says there, right under the picture:

KIMPEX bumpers give protection to the frame assembly of your ATV
Welded construction of lightweight, yet very strong steel tubing
The steel is protected by the best available treatment against rust and coated with a resin hybrid: polyester/epoxy
Black brilliant finish
Each model is designed to suit your ATV without modification for easy installation
Plastic cap for bumpers, Part No. 072874

Does that clear anything up? Will this bust out the rear window of your truck?

Old 05-07-2000, 01:20 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Boner & Cowboy,
I just got the new Dennis Kirk Atv catalog and it has pics of both front and rear Kimpex Bumpers.Go to denniskirk.com and request a catalog.The price is $66.99 for either end. Ithink the Moose Super Bumper looks even more awesom. Just my opinion. It's an awesome catalog and I'm making my list.

Good Riding
Keith
'98 AC 4x4 454 w/2000lb Warn CB &26"Titan 495's

Old 05-07-2000, 03:52 AM
Pro Rider

Andy:
Hey, thanks for the info on the bumpers. I checked out that picture of the rear bumper from the link that somebody posted, and now I'm kind of puzzled. This may be a stupid question, but from the picture, it looks as if the rear rack is all that the bumper attaches to. Does anybody know if this is true? If so, I don't think I would really want that type of a setup for a rear bumper. The bumper itself may be plenty strong, but with that design, it looks as if all the impact will then be delivered right to the four bolts that appear to hook onto the rear rack-am I seeing this correct? Not really sure, but think I would prefer an additional couple pieces of steel running straight back to the main part of the frame, which combined with the rack bolts, would provide the most strength. Anyhow, that is pretty cool your dealer let you take the bumper, then pay later. You don't see that very often anymore. By the way, good luck with the wedding! I've got to get ready for my buddies wedding back in Myrtle Beach on June 17th and since I'm his best man, I had better get with the program.

Retreaver:
Thanks for the advice with the catalog. I checked the website, but couldn't get onto the atv section, so I just went ahead and ordered the catalog anyway. Hopefully it will only take a few days to get here, I'm anxious to see what they've got. My birthday is in a couple weeks, so I'm trying to decide what to buy myself for my 'Cat.

Anyhow, thanks guys for the info!

Mike